New Feature - Who's Online - Enable or Disable?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, Aug 1, 2001.

?

Who's Online - Enable or Disable?

1. Enable

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Disable

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Everyone,

The upgrade seems to have been successful. We have a few new options available to us. You can now click on the number of replies to a post and see which Members replied. A kind of cute little extra.

The new feature that I'd like you all to vote on is one called "Who's Online." If you go to the bottom of the home page where the Members currently online are listed, you can click on the text Currently Active Users: 0 and you will get a page that displays everyone who is currently on the forum. This feature is currently disabled because many of our Members choose not to have their names displayed when they are on the forum.

If this feature is enabled, it will not only tell who the Currently Active Members are but it also tells where on the forum you are, what forum/thread you are currently viewing or what feature of the site (instant messenging, etc.) you are using. It also provides links to email and instant messenging. This feature disables your ability to remain "hidden." I know how private most of us are, which makes this somewhat invasive, but it's a pretty kewl feature.

There may be a few additional features (minor) that I've not discovered yet, if so, we'll find those together.

Let me know what you think about this by voting in the poll above. Enable or Disable?

Destee

2. LISTERSCRIBIN'

LISTERSCRIBIN' Well-Known Member MEMBER

artist
    Ratings:
    +9
    no, big sis...i think it's cool when we can see who else is on line. i'm lovin' it! but, just like cindy said whatever you choose to do is alright with me, as well.
    but, hey, it is a cool feature and yet, kind of nosey too!:D :D :D okay, i'm just trippin' don't hurt me, big sis:D.

3. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have Read

and voted! Thanks Destee.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I WOULD LIKE THAT

ITS COOL WIT ME
    I SAY YES I WOULD LOVE TOO SEE
    WHO'S ON LINE HERE IF I NEED TOO
    CHAT WIT THEM SO I SAY YES!AGREE!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Haaaaaay Everybody :wave:

I totally misunderstood this new feature! :eeek:

I thought if I enabled it, those who have chosen to be "invisible" would no longer have that option ... but that's not the case! If you have marked in your profile to be invisible, you will still have that setting. You will not be seen on the forum, simply added to the total count which is how it has always been!

Soooo ... this feature is now enabled and those of you who like to walk around the house half-naked may continue to do so ... hehehe ... :heart:

Again, you can access this new feature by clicking on the text Currently Active Members: # at the bottom of the home page of the forum!

Destee