Black Entertainment : New Edition making a comeback

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by sweetbrownsugar, Aug 16, 2004.

1. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Mr Telephone Man!...there's something wrong with my line. When I dial my baby's number I get a click every time!!!!! Can New Edition make a comeback being part of the Bad Boy line-up? Michael Bivens recently said that Bobby Brown has asked could he get some of that (joining them). Should they leave Bobby Be? Can they come back? Does it make a difference if the label is Bad Boy.................Did we even like them when they were on the scene the last time?

2. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I loved New Edition when I was a kid and young adult. I'd like them again if their new stuff speaks to my tastes. I can't do the bubblegum pop like when I was 13 and 14. LOL. But if they bring it this time, I'd be down for it. As far as bringing Bobby into, he would have to get clean. He used to be the beast when he was solo, but he would have to realize that he is getting older, and needs to mature. Even Boys II Men are coming back. I heard their cut on the radio and it was alright.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't think they are going to do all that great. I mean, they are getting older and by being on Bab Boy...they might try to create a sound that will appeal to younger audiences. I don't think anyone wants to hear New Edition singing about the club and sticky-icky and poppin' champagne. They should do a more mature feeling album. I heard the first single and it has a B2K sound to me. I think if they are going to be successful they better appeal to audiences that are closer to their age. I think Bobby would be able to make them more exciting. The fact is....New Edition is pretty boring without the disfunctional Bobby Brown. He can't sing that well, he's probably lost some moves...but he's still Bobby Brown. Everyone downs him but the man was an entertainer when he concentrated on music.....let's be honest. But they have to make music that is mature and reflective of their place in their lives. I'm sure they are not living the same life as those young (just hitting puberty) type groups. And if they are that's pretty sad.

4. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know why but when I first heard that they were coming back on the scene? The first thought that came to my mind was the movie, "The Five Heart Beats"! Eddie Kane (Bobby Brown) and in the end how they came together to sing that one song.

5. eye_slam_247

eye_slam_247 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It's just not the same without Bobby..but I may check out the new cd..their current single isnt so bad.