Site News : New Community Features

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, May 1, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family ... :love: :wave: :love:

We have lots of new features !!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

We just upgraded our software, and i've been having so much fun finding new stuff!! :D

I've not found it all yet, but i thought i'd stop and create a thread, so we could all begin looking and playing with it together. We can help each other learn. So please, as you find something new, post it here, so everyone can go and check it out!! :)

Some of the features are Premium Member Only.

I am so honored to be able to give Premium Members something extra. You all have given your money, and kept this community alive, and you didn't hardly really receive anything in return ... except knowing you were helping keep us alive. I am so honored. Without you, we would not be here. To be able to give you something back, even just this little stuff, does my heart so good. Thank You Very Much!

Don't anyone get discouraged, as there's lots of new stuff for every bodeeee !!!!! :great: :great: :great:

I've not learned / seen it all yet, so the list below will grow, as we all continue to add to this thread!

1. Leave Messages on Profile Page

This is really cute! I've been just going around to everyone's page and leaving messages, looking around, being all nosey and stuff! :D But it's really nice! Just go to your own profile page, or anyone's ... by clicking on a Member's UserName (Destee) ... and you'll see the new page ... and the ability to leave a message. All Members, Regular and Premium, can give and receive messages on profile pages. So please leave me a message, and i'll leave you one! :) Profile pages can be customized too, though i've not done that yet. When someone does it, please share a link to yours in this thread, so we can see how it looks!

2. New Site Statistics

Check out the bottom of this page ... Forum Home ... and you'll see a brand new box with site stats in it. We don't have all the stats that could be listed, available, but that's enough for us right now. It's pretty kewl, showing the most viewed, and active threads, ever, among other things. Notice in the top right hand corner of the image, next to TOP 5 STATS, there is a little white arrow ... click it and you can see those stats expanded, or remove the stat box altogether.

[​IMG]

3. New Picture Albums

You can view all new picture albums here ... Picture Album Page. Right now, only Premium Members can create picture albums, but everyone can view them. Ohhh, you can even leave messages, comments, for every picture shared! Check out some of Brother James' Work!

4. New Blogs

You can view the home page of the Blogs right here ... Blog Home Page ... and this page lists All Blogs Created thus far.

The Create Your Blog Options are inside the User Control Panel, at the bottom of the list on the left. All Members may be able to use this feature now, as i don't think i have the settings right yet, but that won't be for always.

5. Thread / Post Tags

Every time you create a post or thread (i believe), you'll see a field down there that says TAGS. You can add keywords to your post, aiding in the promotion of our site, helping us to grow. So please do this if you see it and are inclined.

That's all i can think of right now, though i'm sure there's more.

There are new Frequently Asked Questions also, which provides more insight.

Please add to this thread, sharing your experiences with the new stuff, asking questions, and all that! :)

Love You All!

:heart:

Destee

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    hex colour codes

for those who want to add their own colours to their profiles - here is a link to hex colour codes.. just type in the code (eg black is #000000, red is #ff0000) in the boxes where background colour etc is indicated under "customize your profile"link.

http://www.pitt.edu/~nisg/cis/web/cgi/rgb.html

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    TAGS

i would like to suggest that people who create new threads use the TAGS option. put in key words. if your thread topic is about Ma'at.. or MLK.. or perms.. or racism.. cats/dogs.. lonlines.. relationships.. abuse.. you name it.. put those KEY words in the tag area..

It makes is far easier when one searchs for threads about a certain topic.

Often I will search for something, and get 100+ threads in return simply because my search word in somewhere in the thread.. in a post.. but not the topic i'm looking for. TAGS make it so much easier and effecient as it highlights the actual topic of the thread.

4. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    This is getting too much like work. I might as well get a job!:em0400::10900::10900:

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    For those who add friends and contacts to their friends list, If you look on the home page under the birthday menu, there is a list of their names according to whos online. You can pm them without having to go to your profile.

6. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    I found the Social Groups!

Ok....

I see and like the "Notifications" button.

Then....I found you can Create a Social Group!:em0400:
    and I could not resist starting one:qqb006:

BlackTasTic Job and Upgrades Destee :dj:

M.E.

:hearts2:

7. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    WOW :look: :D It looks wonderful blessed Sister I couldnt be prouder of you if I tried! :)

Destee-land on the move :) :grouphug:

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    New Help Center

Peace and Blessings Family,

If you have questions, you can now ask them here ... Help Center ... and someone will respond! :D

I've been kinda playing with it, and it seems that the "private ticket" submission, can be seen by all. I'm not sure yet, but it looks like that to me, so don't include anything really private at this point ... as everyone may see it!

Looking forward to your help ticket submissions!

Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Invite Friends

Peace and Blessings Family,

You can now invite friends to join us ... Invite Friends ... :grouphug:

If you have any questions, just ask.

Destee

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Destee,,

If possible, maybe this thread could be placed on automatic rotation. From time to time, there are threads that automatically post and rotate without a member posting to them. I'm not sure how that happens, but I have noticed it. Just a thought...to the enormous benefit that would serve to newcomers and oldtimers:)