Science and Technology : New climate report warns of increasingly dire risks to U.S.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

'We Are in a Climate Emergency, America': Anchorage Hits 90 Degrees for First Time in Recorded History
"This is unprecedented. I tease people that Anchorage is the coolest city in the country—and climatically that is true—but right now we are seeing record heat," said Anchorage Mayor Ethan Berkowitz

by
Jake Johnson, staff writer

"The Anchorage International Airport has just reached 89 degrees. The all-time record high temperature for Anchorage has officially been broken," the Anchorage National Weather Service announced in a tweet late Thursday (Photo: Shutterstock)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Huge swathes of the Arctic on fire, ‘unprecedented’ satellite images show

Earth’s boreal forests now burning at rate unseen in ‘at least 10,000 years’, scientists warn

Harry Cockburn
6 days ago

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Fireman

May 19, 2017

If We Want to Stop Climate Change, Now is a Moment of Reckoning for How We Use the Planet, Warns U.N. Report

Justin Worland
Time
I really don't think we can stop it. We may can slow down the pace. But I think that the damage has been done. It would take a very radical change in the way we live to stop it. But greed and power will prevail.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I really don't think we can stop it. We may can slow down the pace. But I think that the damage has been done. It would take a very radical change in the way we live to stop it. But greed and power will prevail.

Exactly Fireman, in fact, entropy (second law of thermodynamics) is central to the problem of climate change.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm: its hot ya'll ... :kaioken:

Alaska's sea ice has completely melted away

In the continually warming Arctic, sea ice has completely melted around the Alaskan coast before, notably during 2017's melt season, but never this early. "It's cleared earlier than it has in any other year," said Thoman (Sea ice starts regrowing again in the fall, when temperatures drop.)

Arctic sea ice.

Arctic sea ice.
IMAGE: NOAA
BY
MARK KAUFMAN

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Parts of South and Midwest grapple with dangerous heat wave

Some of the most oppressive conditions were in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma.
In Alabama, the temperature hit 100 degrees with a heat index of 106 degrees by mid-afternoon in Birmingham, the state's largest city.

JAY REEVES and JEFF MARTIN
Associated Press

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Climate change 'getting worse faster than we are mobilizing to solve it': Al Gore

ESTER WELLS
Good Morning America

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: