Science and Technology : New climate report warns of increasingly dire risks to U.S. and the Amazon Fires

:facepalm:

If We Want to Stop Climate Change, Now is a Moment of Reckoning for How We Use the Planet, Warns U.N. Report

Justin Worland
Time

I really don't think we can stop it. We may can slow down the pace. But I think that the damage has been done. It would take a very radical change in the way we live to stop it. But greed and power will prevail.

I really don't think we can stop it. We may can slow down the pace. But I think that the damage has been done. It would take a very radical change in the way we live to stop it. But greed and power will prevail.

Exactly Fireman, in fact, entropy (second law of thermodynamics) is central to the problem of climate change.

:facepalm: its hot ya'll ... :kaioken:

Alaska's sea ice has completely melted away

In the continually warming Arctic, sea ice has completely melted around the Alaskan coast before, notably during 2017's melt season, but never this early. "It's cleared earlier than it has in any other year," said Thoman (Sea ice starts regrowing again in the fall, when temperatures drop.)

Arctic sea ice.

Arctic sea ice.
IMAGE: NOAA
BY
MARK KAUFMAN

Parts of South and Midwest grapple with dangerous heat wave

Some of the most oppressive conditions were in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma.
In Alabama, the temperature hit 100 degrees with a heat index of 106 degrees by mid-afternoon in Birmingham, the state's largest city.

JAY REEVES and JEFF MARTIN
Associated Press

:facepalm:

Climate change 'getting worse faster than we are mobilizing to solve it': Al Gore

ESTER WELLS
Good Morning America

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back