Black People : New Book-Dr Joy DeGruy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by LindaChavis, Sep 12, 2009.

1. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Great book for discussion:

Subject: New Site and PTSS Study Guide!

Greetings,

I am excited to share two big announcements from Joy DeGruy Publications. First, I’ve launched my new website: www.joydegruy.com! The site is packed with updated information including research; recent presentations; upcoming events and activities; new product releases; and a new blog spot that I am anxious to share with you weekly! Please go and explore the new website and feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

The second big announcement is: I’ve launched the highly anticipated “Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: The Study Guide”! The book’s approximate shipment date is September 15th but you can order your pre-sale copy online today!

P.T.S.S.: The Study Guide is designed to help individuals, groups, and organizations better understand the functional and dysfunctional attitudes and behaviors that have been transmitted through multiple generations—behaviors that we are now transmitting to others in our environments of home, school, and work and within the larger society.

The Study Guide encourages and broadens the discussion and implications about the specific issues that were raised in the book “Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America’s Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing.” P.T.S.S: The Study Guide provides useful and practical tools to help the reader develop skills aimed at transforming negative attitudes and behaviors into positive ones while, building upon existing individual, family and group strengths.

Visit www.joydegruy.com to purchase your pre-sale copy today. Only 1,000 copies printed. You do not want to miss out on my new book. It will truly enlighten and encourage you!
    Also, as an extra bonus for subscribing to my mailings; I’ll let you in on one more big announcement. Starting this Fall, I will began my “P.T.S.S.: The Study Guide Fall Tour”. I am currently working out the logistics for an October venue in California. Space will be limited but you will be the first to know when tickets go on sale. Dates and locations will be posted on my website soon!
    This is an exciting time for Joy DeGruy Publications and for healing. I am excited and committed to staying in contact with you through my new website, newsletters, Facebook (Joy DeGruy Publications) and Twitter (bethehealing).
    If you would like more information on Joy DeGruy Publications’ products, events or bookings, please visit us online at www.joydegruy.com.
    Thank you for your support,

Dr. Joy DeGruy
    Joy DeGruy Publications
    “Be The Healing.”™

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Wonder how this would play in Destee's Book Club 101

3. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Bro Clyde

This is not a book that would work in a "book club" type setting as it is a workbook designed more for people interested in moving forward the concept of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome. It's more to teach or learn about the concept so you can help those that would be open to it. Now the book that would work for book club is the same title of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome. Thanks

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Sure Linda Chavis, you are quite welcome, however, it seems like a better source for Our Own Black School project that Sister Destee started with her Moodle software for teachers.