Black Authors : New Black Author Family - Patricia Pope

Monetary

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Hey, Family. I'm starting this thread to tell ya'll about a new Black author by the name of Patricia Pope. She wrote a book entitled "Colored Waiting Room." This book is about a Black woman hired to manage 33 White men who are ex-military. She is the only person of color and the only female in this corporation. The book deals with her trials and tribulations of being a manager of these men as well as how it affects her personal life. She has a website. The link is below.

Colored Waiting Room

I will get her to visit us in voice chat if the Family wants her to speak on her book.

The book can be bought at Amazon.com or Barnes and Nobles as well as from her website. The book costs $17 in book form or you can download it for $12 as an ebook from her website.

You can read excerpts of the book on her website as well. Check it out and let us know what you think about her new book.

thanks big $

1 observation: the link u provide takes 1 2 her photo-op page. she has devoted mor than twice as much space 2 photo's of herself w 'celeb's' than she has 2 the exerpt of her novel. :nono:

kinda makes u wonder about the marketing strategy.

i generally c new authors post 1 complete chapter, as a minimum, sometimes 2 or 3 complete chapters. that enables readers 2 get n2 the flo of ur story & discover how they feel about ur writing ability (or lack of same). this was mor like a swallow than a taste, imho. i really had no idea what wuz going on n the story, or what part of it i wuz reading. i wonder f any1 has pointed that out 2 her.

mayb it's just me.

Alkebulan said:
thanks big $

1 observation: the link u provide takes 1 2 her photo-op page. she has devoted mor than twice as much space 2 photo's of herself w 'celeb's' than she has 2 the exerpt of her novel. :nono:

kinda makes u wonder about the marketing strategy.

i generally c new authors post 1 complete chapter, as a minimum, sometimes 2 or 3 complete chapters. that enables readers 2 get n2 the flo of ur story & discover how they feel about ur writing ability (or lack of same). this was mor like a swallow than a taste, imho. i really had no idea what wuz going on n the story, or what part of it i wuz reading. i wonder f any1 has pointed that out 2 her.

mayb it's just me.

Good questions, bruh. I can ask her to address those questions when I ask her to visit voice chat. :D

thankz bruh! i did visit and it sound very interesting to read sound like the sista got
it going on and making way for her second book to be release.
Happy you shared this and love to here her speak on the book and it's foundation

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back