Black People : New Audio / Video Chat Room !!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hello Family !!!

We have a new audio and video chat room !!! Yes we do !!!

We are so blessed ... come on in ... www.destee.com/forums/chat

You must be a registered Member of the forum, and logged in ... to enter!

:heart:

Destee

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Way cool!! You just keep on a-makin this space so wonderful!! I truly hope everyone enjoys it!

(once i got there,
    had to take a look at the source code to see that i have to enable javascript - security no-no. perusing the source for the page shows
    Code:
    onLoad="MM_goToURL('parent','http://destee.com/forums/chat/flashchat.php')
    oops! have fun, y'all!)

oh well ....

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother anAfrican ... that source code you're viewing is just a redirect to the actual chat room ... the location has changed a little ... but it's virtually the same chat room you were in before ... the Macromedia Flash required chat room ... it's just that we've added voice and video to it.

Don't let that source code you're referencing scare you away ... it's just a redirect to the chat room ... you can get directly to the chat room ... avoiding that page ... by going directly to this link ... www.destee.com/forums/chat/flashchat.php

Come on in!

:heart:

Destee

4. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Darlin', you misunderstand me. It ain't that page that's "scarin me away". (Ain't getting "scared away" from you! You know that!!) And I do recognize that it is the same flashchat (flash7 still, isn't it?). I know about redirects; happen all over the place ... and on some other websites, a surprisingly effective phishing tool!

When I load a page and it gives me little or nothing, I always check the source just to ensure that the reason I got the page that I did is because it requires javascript. And, yeah, that redirect requires that javascript be enabled. That's all.

I do understand this stuff; I built my first website after my 386 broke down and I had to fire up an xt (8086), wrote the site using a text editor and hand coding tags. Not to say that I'd have to do it that way today, but I could ... and it would be a wonderful exercise.

5. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Voice and Video!

kewl! now we can see just who has the skilz to back their skilz!!

a good way towards some other ideas i have.

imagine premium members logging into the site and having an icon pop up in every other on-line premium member's network neighborhood? one can always set which resources one shares over the connection; webcam feed, media library (video, music, pictures), files. everybody has access to all that on each member's puter. could have big ole multi household parties!!! folks could hook up their midi/other gear and be multiplexing mixes with members all over the world!! and then they could put on shows!! the technology allows for these sorts of connections to be made using any of the today's tech. i.e., somebody could be down at the beach with their earbud-mike and mixing with err'body. could be cruisin in your ride and sharing the beats that you're thumpin down the highway. plug in a webcam out in the garage, garden, kitchen, anywhere (laptop, i suppose, although there are wireless webcams!) and be sharing it. and, oh! camcorders??!! fuhgeddaboudit!! live from anywhere you want to be!! and right there in err'body's network neighborhood!!

`course, one could get there through one's network neighborhood, or via the same front end that destee.com uses right now ... well, except that this access would be in the premium members only forum, but ...

Growth is good!! But growth costs money!! Gonna be a jump in the bandwidth bill, ain't there? You need to be telling folks about just how much of this monthly bill our memberships is actually, truthfully covering!! It ain't right that you gots ta be bearing the slack on this thing!! But that Deliciously Wonderful Heart of your's ain't gonna let a little thing like having a roof over your head, or having power or having a tv or telephone stop you from keeping this Beautiful Dream alive! When all that new bandwidth starts kicking you in your "pocketbook", you do something! Me, myself, I'd say limit something - like the new voice-video chat room to premium or something. That could still leave the older voicechat (two of them? are you keeping the old one?) open to everybody.

I didn't totally catch the significance when I joined, but I did catch the "Welcome back to your home" messages that the Family was tossin at ya!!! Don't you be letting things like that happen again!! Ya hear me!!!

Oh, I do love this place!!

6. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    ya made me do it, Destee!

<sigh> finally broke down and installed a browser in <shudder> windows. 98seLite with firefox. got flash, got webcam; still won't do activex.

but err'body seems to be asleep! and it makes sense too; if i hadn't been aruging with this thing, i'd be sleep too.

well, hope to catch y'all sometime saturday!

7. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    hey yall.. i jsut wanted to note that as i was playing around with the options.. under themes.. it allows you to personalize your chat experience.. but changing the colors.. or background pictures.. its just awesome! I love the tropical chat.. man o man.. i havent chatted in so long... because i found the format less than asthetically pleasing.. but know where yall can find me these day.. on destee.com.. yes o yes.. i will be in chat! :) thanks again Des!