Black People : New Addition to the Overstanding University ~ AkabaHouse Home Schooling Resource Cent

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey Fambly,

This resources center is chock full of information, not just from my own knowledge but from other sources as well. Akaba is an African word meaning ladder. I also use it as an acronym for African Knowledge and Basic Academics. It is not only for homechoolers but will also prove useful to any educator or parent who wants to supplement what their children are learning in the school system.

My credentials: I have an MA in English. I taught basic writing to undergraduates to prepare them for freshman English.

http://overstandinguniversity.com/AkabaHouse/

Hey Fambly,

This resources center is chock full of information, not just from my own knowledge but from other sources as well. Akaba is an African word meaning ladder. I also use it as an acronym for African Knowledge and Basic Academics. It is not only for homechoolers but will also prove useful to any educator or parent who wants to supplement what their children are learning in the school system.

My credentials: I have an MA in English. I taught basic writing to undergraduates to prepare them for freshman English.

http://overstandinguniversity.com/AkabaHouse/
A great project that would only cost pennies from individuals would be a national Black Home Schooling and Cyber tutoring resource, giving the parent the opportunity, to enter the state they are in and get the standards there.
Also providing free computer game type tutoring in all math and science curriculum from basics to high school.
This can be funded collectively from each state, and created by a consortium of interstate educators and computer programers.

Maybe this group Akaba, can be a triggerhead for such an endeavor.

Personally my view of home schooling at this point and time in US history is that it is not for everyone, and I assume is usually done by parents with degrees, however haveing a free curriculum on the net could augment, their present education , for instance infusing the curriculum of inclusion, illustrating the relationship of Black history to literature, math, scence, civics and economics.

A great project that would only cost pennies from individuals would be a national Black Home Schooling and Cyber tutoring resource, giving the parent the opportunity, to enter the state they are in and get the standards there.
Also providing free computer game type tutoring in all math and science curriculum from basics to high school.
This can be funded collectively from each state, and created by a consortium of interstate educators and computer programers.

Maybe this group Akaba, can be a triggerhead for such an endeavor.

Personally my view of home schooling at this point and time in US history is that it is not for everyone, and I assume is usually done by parents with degrees, however haveing a free curriculum on the net could augment, their present education , for instance infusing the curriculum of inclusion, illustrating the relationship of Black history to literature, math, scence, civics and economics.

Brotha Ankhur.

There is no group called Alaba that I know of. I put this together and built it myself. And except where I link to external websites I wrote everything. Check it out. There's lots of stuff about Black history and Afrocentric education.

I don't assume that home schoolers must have degrees. Although I know there are some parents who may not be able to invest as much into it as is needed. But as I said these resources will also prove useful to those who just want to supplement their child's education.

I like the ideas you suggested. It will prolly take bringing in other people to have a tutoring program or I could direct people to the ones that are already out there. I do want to include some curriculum. That will take time as I will have to deride how to structure it and fit it to grade levels and stuff. Of course I am open to anyone who wants to contribute their ideas.

hopefully there will be others in education who can respond to this post to assist a dialogue regading this serious dilemna in Black education in this nation where we see our children being railroaded into a corporate baded education system that does not have .00004% of your love, commitment, or dedication, for the education and life enrichment of the nations Black children,
and as this charter school MOLOCH is being forced in amy areas, it is imperative that there would be at least 5 or six brothers and sitrs from each of the 50 states to replicate what you are doing and then set up a national coalition of African American Education and Cultural Enrichment.

I add cultural enrichment because here in NYC many are sending their children to church based music and art classes,
(secular teachers hired outside the church) since the schools have nixed the creatie arts from the general curriculum

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back