Black Money Business Jobs : New $100 Coin Features First-Ever African-American Lady Liberty

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
She'll put a new face on a familiar allegory

upload_2017-1-14_13-42-45.png

Lady Liberty is among the most enigmatic symbols of American democracy. Her qualities are well-known and widely revered: She’s benevolent and represents freedom and hope. But what does she look like, anyway? In popular culture, she's almost always depicted in one way: as a white woman. Now,
reports Lakshmi Gandhi for NBC News, the U.S. Mint announced historic plans to depict Liberty as an African-American woman on a new gold coin. The $100 coin will be introduced as part of the kickoff of the mint’s 225th anniversary year and will be the first in a series that will also depict Liberty as Asian-American, Hispanic-American, and Indian-American.

Read more

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ever-african-american-lady-liberty-180961806/

Thanks for sharing Liberty ... :)

When i first saw this thread i thunk ... shooo ... if my name was Liberty ... i'd be like ...

hol' up yall ... let me get this pic of me to you ... my name is Liberty and i'm black ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Thanks for sharing Liberty ... :)

When i first saw this thread i thunk ... shooo ... if my name was Liberty ... i'd be like ...

hol' up yall ... let me get this pic of me to you ... my name is Liberty and i'm black ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I ain't gon' lie, that's EAXTLY what I thought.....LOL And, I don't have braids, but, I got dreads for days!

*smile*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back