Never Too Young

SensualReality

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
Why do so many youth blame their actions on their age?I am 16 and my peers say that I want to grow up too fast,but I don't is it a crime to be mature at a young age?And why when something goes wrong,for instance a car wreck between an elder and teen-does the teen get accused or the elder first?

Most people blame the youth because to be young is to be inexperienced and naice in the ways of the world.. so they say. I was always one of those "old souls" growing up. My sister and I usually hung around older people.

Most people think that youth is be cherised and enjoyed. See, when most of us were young(er) we couldn't wait to be grown. Now we're grown, and we want to go back. Adulthood isn't all it's cracked up to be.

As far as car accidents and things of that nature, the teenager gets blamed most of the time because they do not have the experience on the road that the elderlt person has. I mean, someone who has been driving for a year, versus someone who has been driving those same raods for 40 or 50 years.... There's no contest. Additionally, young(er) people are blamed because they are more likely to be distracted by things like the radio, the ringing cell phone, the gorup of frinds int he back seat.

Now, people who use their youth as a scapegoat is something different. These are simply young(er) people who do not wish to be saddled with so-called "adult" responsibility.

You, my dear, seem to be a very mature 16 year old, and I commend you. You seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want. Aim for it.

Toya

BTW - I'm only 24, so we're not that far apart. Feel free to talk to me anytime! :)

ay yo

Word association cripples intelligent thinking. They say there is no hope for the future or for youth in general but then tell a young person that they're trying to grow up too fast when they show a sense of maturity. I think that most people get so caught up in hopelessness that when they see a young person who may be an exception they automatically assume something negative about them.

I think to be 16 and participate in forums and such is amazing. I was about the same age when I got interested in discussion and being involved in the community. Despite popular belief there are some of us out here that are super smart, dedicated to our studies, are hard workers and whatnot.

Take me for example, I most definitely am not trying to act older but I like jazz, I vote, get involved, school the little brothers and sisters in the community, try to stay on top of current events and all thereof. And of course I've been called every name in the book by those who misunderstand me but this doesn't discourage me. It actually makes me realize that what I'm doing is working.

There are many of us young people who know the struggle of some of the older people; and this is mainly because this world is moving so fastly and many of the burdens of our homes and communities fall on our shoulders.

You have to be the change you want to see. If you want to see more of your peers grow positively as individuals then you have to be their paradigm.

I commend you for being the exception.

Yes!!!

But first-of-all what makes u think that u are more mature than u should've been?This question is not so simple!U can know if this bottle countain more water than this other one...but u CAN'T know for real if u r more mature than ur age!Some of the other can say so,the rest will say no!I think It is not really a problem of maturity but of responsibilities!So many youth want to feel free,they do not want to collapse under the cut of an unspecified burden.Thatz why some of us when seein' that the other take is own responsability,we can think hez more mature than us.We r youth just once n it goes too fast!Itz really cool but a bit frighten

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back