Black Spirituality Religion : Never saw this posted here...............

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by PurpleMoons, Dec 6, 2003.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Do you believe that people have and can correspond with the ancestors?
    Do you believe in people having physic abilities and premonitions?
    Do you believe that people can talk to lost spirits?

If yes/no please elaborate. And explain why you do or dont.

2. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    I do believe

Purplemoons, your questions are good ones.. sad to say no one has replied.

Yes, I believe that individuals who are intuned with thier heritage can commune with ancestors. I believe if one is intuned to that part of themselves it is possible.

I believe that we all possess some physic abillities. Some are more defined than others. However, I believe if a person has a desire to develop there physic sense it can be done to the fullest

Yes, I believe that people can talk to spirits. Here again if it is developed. The third eye has to be opened. Most of us close it due to outside, cultural and societal influences. But it can be opened.

Lady Bastet

3. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello

Very Good Answer And The Third Eyes Can Be Open Again . Haven't Heard Any Sister Speak Of Third Eye In A While .

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Yes, people can commune with their ancestors. Namely me! There are very precise and careful methods to invoke them .

Psychic ability is determined by the mother -child relation. My mother is a medium so it was fairly well developed in me before birth.

Most psychics operate on a gut feeling so to speak, thru meditation and libation your psychic awareness increases. There is a direct correlation between "talking" as well as feeding your ancestors and the hightened awareness of psychic ability

Ashe

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    You know, I've always been interested in things like this. SAdly, most people who know i was interested dismissed it as a "white" thing, or at the very least, weird.

I truely believe in communication on another plane. I have seen a few ancestral spirits in my day (if that's what they were, and amazingly enough, they weren't MY ancestors!), and I have felt the presence of a few.

I've been hearing a lot lately about ancient/ancestral memory. What is this? How does it work? I know I have weird dreams sometimes, almost like trances...... Anyone have any info on this?

6. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Oh wow! This is an fairly old post. I posted this at a time when I began to experience unfamiliar things. I was seeing energies manifest before me.

During my quest for information on the subject, some have told me it was my own life source that I was seeing. But that left me puzzled because I actually saw these energies in different areas of my room at one time. Some has told me it was my guardians/ancestors trying to communicate with me and some have told me it was a message telling me that change was about to happen for me.

Without guidance from someone experience of such things it made my quest most complicated and doubt grew even larger. So I posted this in hopes that someone would/could clarify and elaborate.

I began to see these energies quite often. It didn't matter what time of the day it was as long as I was relaxed and at peace with myself. When I closed my eyes I would see patterns formed. often I saw eyes looking back at me for a breif second, then the eyes turned into patterns. Like a white mist moving and constantly changing forms. It even changed colors. Once in a while these patterns would spin really fast and my eyes couldn't adjust to the speed. I felt as I was falling through the middle of it. It would then come to a stop with a loud thomp and I could feel my body vibrate from a crash. I would then be in a unfamiliar place. Visions of different things at different times. I thought that I was losing my mind! I didn't know how else to explain it.

Until this day, I'm still not clear about these patterns I see manisfesting when I close my eyes and no one has yet explain to me exactly what it is taking place in my minds eye. Sometimes I'm up for hours just trying to make out the shapes and colors in my mind. I hope that I will begin to understand soon. *sigh*

Now that there are more conciously aware people here, Perhaps they won't mind enlightening me on these changes.

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Ancestral memory is an "imprint" on the blood left by members in your family tree. It's a quickening of sorts, precipitated by crossing over what is called a grid.

Communicating with your ancestors is a deliberate attempt at establishing a symbiotic relationhip. However much caution is needed when doing this.

Some mediums see spirits without having to invoke them, this is called clairvoyance.

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    If I may let me make a suggestion. Try taking a bath with about a pint of milk in the water, this is meant to clean the aura.

You also want to put a bowl of water under your bed before going to sleep. I have other methods I can share with you, just say the word!

9. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17

What's the water for? Please, enlighten us...... And I'll have to share some of my experiences with you sometime......

10. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank you Brother Sekhemu!!!!

I have been putting the water under my bed as you have suggested to me before. I haven't tried the bath with milk. I will try this as well.

When I'd put the water under my bed I had three clear visions come into my minds eye after a few days. Two came in the form of a colored cartoon.

It was a path, and along the sides were greenery and trees as if I was walking through a forest or some type of wooded area. At the very end of the path I saw two large skyscrapers. Atleast thats what it looked like to me. The building on the left was shorter than the one on the right. As I continued to journey down this path I saw two people. They both looked to be aboriginian. (Not sure if I spelled that correctly.) One was a young girl who was pointing down the path and speaking a language I didn't know to the man. He then turned toward the city where the two buildings were and headed that way.

The other vision I saw was very dark. I saw a figure standing in front of what looked like to me to be some kind of shrine or alter. He was aware that I saw him because he breifly he looked in my directions then back at the alter. I became startled and that broke my connection. As it does with all my visions.

The last one came as a dream. Two wild animals were running wild on the streets of New york. One was a white horse and the other was a baby buffalo. As I watched from an apartment window I became hysterical as these two beast were dodging in and out of traffic. Each one just missing being hit by a car. I rushed to get outside to try to save them. I saw the horse first and grabbed it by the neck. Rubbing its head to calm it. It Then spoke to me. Told me it loved me and asked me to dance. It stood on its hind legs and began to dance with me. I told it that I needed to find the baby buffalo. Then I saw it. It was too late. Some young man had gotten to it first and claimed it to be his own. I watched him walk away with it and felt as if I had failed to save it. I don't want to keep going on with this dream as it is very long if I give you all the details of what happened. So I'll end it here. But what is unique about these visions is they all came in one night or should I say morning.

I am open for any suggestions you may have. I need to understand whats going on with me. Some might say it's old age settling in or that I may need to seek medical attention. LOL But the truth of the matter is that even as a young child I have experienced these things but didn't acknowledge it.

I have shared dreams with my Mother and have felt the outcome of friends and family before it even happened. However, Its not something I have happened to me on a regular basis.

I hope I didn't bore you with my dreams but it was something that has been on my mind and I have'nt talked with anyone about it.

Not everyone tune into their visions and dreams so seriously as I. And they often feel uncomfortable when I talk about them or they just brush them off thinking I'm a few cards short of a deck. :hammer: Hmmmm! They may be right!!! Especially when you see shadows move and there is no one visibly there but you.