Black Poetry : Never Got to Love You

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by mzpoetic8705, Jan 13, 2013.

1. mzpoetic8705

mzpoetic8705 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul –
    and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all." – Emily Dickinson

A woman stands at the edge
    of my bed. Unfamiliar layers of cocoa
    camouflage her flesh. Takes my hands and opens my palms: Our lines, the same, lips
    make identical turns, finger tips
    sit platform, equal frames. Eyes
    fasten together. She, traces
    the dips in my cheeks. Darkens the creases. Even
    sketches my bones with her watch. She watches my lashes
    flicker several times before pressing forward.

It’s like her spirit dug into my flesh.
    Leaving me exposed on a podium covered in photographs.

Can’t say we held hands across green lights, will never
    share a cake, a happy birthday. Never
    give you my last bite. Never share
    I love you. I’m cold, are we there yet?
    No happy mother’s day. Will never see you cry.

Why does her heart beat like mine, her lips press like mine, her face like, I? Even
    see her speak to me. Her words
    clog my pores, spilling over

leaking through my sheets,
    down to the wrinkles
    in the runner. Now every day I get up running.
    Jogging away from the forehead kisses and see you later post cards.

A woman stands at the end of my dreams.
    She holds hands with my grandma, sits on the shoulders of my father, touching
    foreheads with my grandpa.

I look at her photos with forget. How could God take from me again?
    Leave me sitting next to sightseers with no empathy. Just want to put me on stage
    to linger. Dial my phone with messages saying we love
    you, call us, we miss you. Come
    see us. So I play forgets, cover myself in amnesia.

When will you dial my phone, leave messages saying we miss her, let’s see her? Oh God, I want to call her, leave messages saying I love you, call me, I miss you—come home.

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  3. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    mzpoetic, it's a blessing reading your works. Well done. DS

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    :10200: beautifully scribed......amazing DS..

5. KaHotep

KaHotep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +109
    Never got two love you, true indeed eye was not prepared, young as a pear, in my eyes apple crisp delicious, suspicious how we came two, no wisdom from the heavens, had me on doubt, like growing up as black male, around the ghetto clout drinking forties, seeing shorty busting jeans out boldly, bounce baby bounce, no love then cause the play you paused, now the ambition is kosmic above, so below freezing friends wannabe, heating my soul of School with Mo, the art of seduction, cause good keep the effect orbiting backwards, counterclockwise without time on a ride, shining constellation style, weaving in and out the jungles, king kobra slithering by, hoping the Sun see me eye two eye, never got two love you sincere fly, eye'm out the world ready to ascend, at anytime like the riddle rhyme kind.

6. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    Steady dreaming and never sleeping, on chord scaling with the winds free, eleventh symphony in my drink, seeing what I never saw, drinking courage up cause mind is over matters for all of yall, please don't pause, keep the vibration moving up unique, peep the game from the law of attraction, give me got her she tricked you, sorry I never loved you true, better yet eyes wide open into the hue, view the rhythm that enthuse, yesterday was the past, tomorrow is the new, every second eye knew, at high speed mentally cause spirituality soothes, the soul heating up fire slowly, burning deeply with a passion, mashing for mine patiently, perfect pictured popping plotting concoctions, twisting chess styles beautifully, your religion is my talk, the game eye saw, spirit is the breath, my eye is the hawk, your beauty was the chalk, my soul said walk, so sorry I never loved you true, better yet eyes wide open into the moonlight hue, never got two love you.

7. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    Too busy in your lexicon, mixing go with halt, sketching out my faults, depressing to an exhaustion, drinking out the fountain, now of the best addiction ever, the higher konsensaysun, beaming up my wishes, while feeling the condensation, rain made me humble, soaked in it's purity, absorbing good polarity, attracting the black melody, evil no battle me, warring general strategy, mastering telepathy, feeling me in you is the half of me, climax if you hear me, sea me if we deep g, seat in heart which is first thought b, been minor stepping to d, have to come up major now, f in my style, muse-ah-ka in my files, deeper than a galatical mile, you had me caught-up on tricks and gold, never got to love you foe, the love of money, the mystic lexicon in a dummy's honey, sweeter than funny, like belly button tickles on a chocolate bunny, bouncing to the phonetic code she wrote of, when the seven seas were scolding and lonely, never got to love you cause my soul was pulling me up see, instead of being your platonic homie, switches are so phony.

8. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    Money by the tons, mind made up, until my ashes blow around, manifestion come down, passed to the Royals in line, currency exchange when the market is down, and that's one of many nest and cows, part a way to fields, where the vegetation heals, shelter for your soul, turning words into a meal, the understanding is the reel, as wisdom amends will, knowledge for the stagnant and still, steel justice and equality, the state of mind for humanity, the clothing for happiness, a couple jewels in the krown of peace, cause love is the effect, once war decease, yet I never got to love you, busy Souljah for an invisible crew, no one never saw me, except you and the truth, as above so below I never got two love you, when I drop this body, let it be known that I found your letter, in that old leather jacket, fresh of your scent, I never knew, and eye too love you...you are East and I am West, two Krowns from Afrika'z treasure chest, for you I lay my life down, just to see you blessed, this I must confess Lamia, Hotep.

9. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    As I stand on the surface of the earth, on top of the world, she rotates on a tilt, up above eye look down below, chem-trails, homeless, hatred on wheels, minds know time, most souls are lost and cold, hearts are weakened, no matter the battles and fights, the war is deception in the night, as eye perch in the sky projecting physical, strength in numbers are mental metaphysical, religions are tribes, religions are earth, got most people stuck, it would take a mass hypnosis to wake them up, dimensions are unseen, but the mathematics and science teaches triple beams, plant a bean in the ground and stalk your dreams, flow on the emotions, from the trigonometric period called waves, feel me like words from a vocal of vibration, the spirit which breath riding it out, into the air where positives and negatives meet, breath it in subconsciously, now you on top of me? Everybody is equal, Afrika Scramble II is the next sequel, while my brothaz risk penial penetration as an equal, injustice as I stand in the eye of the hurricane blitz, I too got beat down, by two when it was sundown, the car rolled up dark, I knew my life was in park, did the procedure, lucky my phone was near hip like the heater, my peoples heard ruckus, NAACP asked for money from me, like the others and they wonder why U.N.I.T.Y. is in trouble, even the vets get jacked up, Hitler's army is back rolling tough, seems like Karma is going to claim this earth soon enough, isms are a front for the ists, righteous females are brainwashed, believing in somebody's else mind and not even the evidence of truth, reminds me of my own family, I rather be rolling with Harriet, X and Tupac like Still underground style, can't trust a scary soul when the time to erect as a nation is now, lost fools stay on earth slave bound, I've died once and felt no pain, the truth runs through my veins, the spiritual world is real, ever thought they was thinking the same as you to a degree? ever thought some were like me knowing the truth, suffering like Black Jesuz on freedom juice? The black aura feeling untouchable from the roots, heavy in the game I salute, without the 21 gun salute, but the Buddah in high meditating novakane, in the form arm leg leg arm head, outcaste with a red dot, targeted for fate is medicine of hate, like pharmasootheticals to the body, guess who is the 99.9 buying it? When even the doctors who prescribe ain't trying it, but we have the nerve to funk over gender, when the babies are caught up in the cross fire dinners, people better wake up, before toes get tagged up, history repeats itself if the melaninated don't ascend up, cause the history is real from a slavery standpoint, I can even feel the movements of slaves, flashbacking in my dreams, scream after scream, hymn after hymn, from church to church, the emotionless lurch, a temporary club uplift, cause that is the only place you feel safe, knowing they who are the same christians, have been burning ours down still and ever since, as above so below eye represent, hanging ain't desist in SC, and justified bullets are not going to quit, the freemasons of europe built the constitution, supernatural and great logic is the only defense and sense, tap into your true power from mind and soul, and realize your breath is all spirit, it is no more use in fearing, never got to love you, cause of our deflection and negative perception, perhaps when your elder come back in bodyless form, maybe you will listen.

10. KaHotep

Ratings:
    +109
    So now you know,
    I sat on an,
    Devil impressed squeezing,
    D Youza MP flashlight freak,
    I'm clout on astral free,
    Without sucka sweet,
    Selam deep in felion cheese,
    Infected from the creep,
    Cause the beat-
    Made head weak knee deep,
    Hot lips me soul can't slip,
    Six on my mind plus one,
    Eye mean 2013 plus On,
    D up position at 45 degrees,
    Forever enlighten per 33 degrees,
    D metainteleagent threat empowered passionately...
    King out D jungle with wonderous heat,
    Hypnotize by perfection staying sucka free,
    So now you know,
    Never got to love you foe.

D rising host on a dominance spree,
    Candy four tricks,
    But youza painter's theme,
    Flaked out, flat bound to crumble,
    Rusted underneath cause bad treated ya,
    Player before you pay two meet,
    Think about your value as the King,
    Cause there is only one soul-Queen,