Black Spirituality Religion : NEVER ASK AN UNFAIR QUESTION

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Keita Kenyatta, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Hello Brother Keita ... i disagree with this.

How many of our people know their world history for the past 6000 years? Do you think more do than don't? If we suggest that one cannot ask a question until they can present it as you've described ... how many will qualify to ask questions? It's as though you are suggesting, only those who have the answers (6000 years of knowledge), can ask the questions.

Many of our people simply do not know these things, myself included. We are not all at the same place of understanding. Those of us who know more, should welcome questions from those that want to know more. That is what this community is about, sharing knowledge. I know for a fact, without the discussions held here, i'd still be ignorant regarding many things.

We want to encourage our people to be comfortable and ask whatever they will, however best they can. Oftentimes, it takes a lot of courage to even post a question, because in doing so you let the entire community know that you don't have the answer. As a result of that question, much information is shared, diverse opinions brought to the table, wisdom passed on, and we are together discussing it. There are so many positive things that can come from the asking of just one question. To deny it, or put rigid requirements on it, you deny all those other things as well.

With us being in the condition we are, we must take advantage of every opportunity to share knowledge with each other, and not discourage it. In my opinion, all questions are welcome, as long as they are presented respectfully.

If i've misunderstood you, i know you'll let me know! :)

:heart:

Destee

3. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Actually you are quite right in what you said...somewhat. The 6,000 years history I mentioned was not OUR HISTORY but THEIRS. The reason I even said what I said was because it occurred to me Why the question was asked. The person asking this question obviously had some knowledge and or information on the history pertaining to The Nation Of Islam and chose only a Part of it to ask this question....which I considered unfair to the rest of the readers of the forum. Now, if I was in error I do apologize to you and all who are reading. I simply wanted to clarify my motivation regarding why I wrote what I wrote. I thank you for your reply. Peace out Lady !

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Hello Brother Keita ... okay, i misunderstood part of what you said, but few of us have 6000 years of knowledge regarding anything ... let alone, them or us.

There have been a few questions posted here regarding "white devil," so i'm not sure which one specifically you're speaking of. The one currently on the main page of this forum was posted by a 14 year old Sister. While she may have some knowledge of the Nation of Islam, i don't think she was leaving it out in an attempt to throw us off.

Thanks for responding to my post, you're the best!

Destee

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND WILL LOOK FOR YOU IN THE SLAM WITH MY GUEST FRIDAY NIGHT...SHE GONE BLOW YOU AWAY

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Yes Brother Keita !!! :toast:

I read the thread you posted in the poetry forum and have personally heard in voice chat, from our Sisters and Brothers, that she is a star !!! :star:

You know i'm looking forward to hearing her. As a matter of fact, it is such an honor that you and all of your Family are here with us. Such a wonderful show of love, that an entire Family feels good here. That has always been my hope, and with you and a few other Families, it is a reality. Our home is so blessed. All of that to say ... :) ... i am also looking forward to hearing, in length, the wisdom of our Dear Darling Sister QueenTswana. She has shared much knowledge in text and has promised to do so on the mic as well !!! :)

Yes Brother Keita ... i am so looking foward to hearing your daughter on the mic ... Friday Night Poetry ThrowDown! ... 8 pm ET ... www.destee.com/chat

Which makes me think of your class ... yes Family ... Brother Keita also hosts a class in voice chat every Sunday @ 4 pm ET ... Life Journey ... www.destee.com/chat ... he is awesome! Please Join Us!

We are blessed. Thank You Brother.

Destee