Black People : Nevada Rancher's Slavery Remarks - Are there others who think like this man

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Apr 25, 2014.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support

The 76-year-old rancher, from Bunkerville, Nevada, became a symbol for conservative Republicans, particularly among the Tea Party movement, for his actions in defying the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM), an agency of the U.S. Interior Department.

The dispute dates back to 1993 when Bundy stopped paying monthly fees the government charges ranchers to allow their cattle to roam federal range lands.

Saying Bundy owes more than $1 million in unpaid grazing fees and had ignored court orders to remove his cattle from public land, the BLM sent armed rangers to Bundy's ranch earlier this month to round up his cattle by force.

Anti-government groups, gun rights activists and right-wing militia members rallied to Bundy's defense.:( Following a brief armed stand-off, the government backed down, canceled its roundup and released the cattle that had been seized.

This man can break the law with impunity and yet there are those who back him. The IRS round up those who are delinquent in paying their taxes...what kind of double standards are we seeing.

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Most publicans

3. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    The government is White people selected from the society. This is a White nation set up by white people and for white people. If Trayvon Martin was White the police station would have been bombed. I'm not inciting I'm just telling you like it is. In Africa if a man was shot by police for nothing and he committed no crime they would have rioted the police station and dragged the guilty out to their own justice. A government is not a government unto itself but to the people who occupy the land. White people occupy the land of the United States and they will let any S.OB know it whether he is a government official or agency. The government will not fight against White people because the government is White people. When will yall get this? There's no double standard it's just fact of life.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    justice = just us​

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    "Nevada Rancher's Slavery Remarks -Are there others who think like this man"
    That mode of thinking is as american as apple pie.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

Anti-government groups, gun rights activists and right-wing militia members rallied to Bundy's defense....

Whaddaya think woulda happened if Bundy was a black rancher :holdon:and his BLACK MEN WITH GUNS friends faced off with the cops? :chair:

7. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    The outcome would have been different that's a given but it sounds like you're making fun. The serious side of this is how long will this sadistic rule continue against Black people because we also occupy the land? Are we really equal in this society? If not, then the answer would conclude because after all others has been tried is lets go home. With our wealth we can institute great change in Mama Africa in the geographical area we choose even if just 5% of us, combined our talents, intelligence and our finances, well directed by a trusted source, united by common bond with the local people as servants, we could plant a seed in Mama Africa. This is Sango time its not the time to duck it under but fight the natural causes that spell our doom.

Fight poverty with business enterprise, use the money to institute technology and science, the application of skill, trade and craft mastered, a huge civil service to implement building, construction, and instruction in every vital discipline to complete our formatted goals.

Tourism and accommodation in every way pleasing to the soul, is to provide the ultimate comfort for international visitors and guests transform into a billion dollar empire this key industry is missing in some parts of Africa's gorgeous coastlines.

The next step is, fight death and disease with herbs, building of herb gardens and botanical medicines, all supports healing. Farm natural food and fruit, improve the fishing existing fishing industry, buy better ships and build bigger ports, hire bigger crews and better management. There's no limit to how we can improve the health of the people by feeding them better food and provided medicines for natural ailments that we grow ourselves and make profit from. If we built clinics based upon this with modern medicines it would pay for itself. We could accomplish longer life and happiness in the people.

It's all formulated in Yoruba tradition and Dahomey, in Benin there's peace, stability, fertile land, a history of respect for women warriors, queens and royal sisters, a new rail being constructed to travel to Lagos, an exploitable lack of education meaning they need funding and instituting, beautiful beaches with blue water, temperatures about 86 degrees year round, an old ancient Brazilian home and building design begging for blended modernization, plenty of start up ventures that could multiply our self financed collective pot. Tell me what you think?

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I love your positivity in this post.....

As for what I think, I think it's a beautiful plan. However, I'll have to get back to you later on any specifics.

9. Babasola

Babasola Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +220

Precisely.

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    No, that was tongue-in-cheek.

Be careful how you speak. If I were a continental African, I'd have my machete out waiting for you to hop off that plane! We.... African-Americans.... aren't equal, you say. Then a couple sentences later you say "local" continentals should be our "servants." This is why I say to be careful how you speak, for I'm sure you didn't intend for what you wrote to come off as so blatantly arrogant.... and entitled, i.e., why should the locals be our IMMIGRANT butts' "servants?" Why not vice versa? It's in their countries, their communities that we'd be the ones "looking for a home," not them. :10500:

Also, be careful of "percentages." 5% of us sounds suspiciously like Du Bois' Talented Tenth, don't you think? While I commend your actually thinking about the problem (vs. laying blame and talking crazy) and coming up with solutions for us to ponder, a better way to put it would be to say: "when we get at least 200,000 AAs to combine our talents, intelligence and finances...." and ixnay on the bonding with local Africans as master and servant!

This is all good and fine.... if it's YOUR country. But we have no one country, province or even area on the motherland that we control or can simply walk in and take over! We'd have to go back as PARTNERS with the indigenous people, not swinging our weight around like big shots knowing better than those who live there what is needed for a quality life. That would only lead to resentment and strife between repatriate AAs and the locals. Remember, we would be the outsiders.... and every country in Africa already has "civil servants."

And research into the "why" of the matter is a pre-requisite to repatriation. I have no doubt that many continentals already know that tourism is big bucks (I can even pull you up some tourism articles for nearly every African country). There are other factors going on in most of those countries that preclude a booming tourism industry.

Your idealism, and pragmatic solutions, are excellent, even commendable. But again, we wouldn't be dealing solely with yokels, backward folk. Doing all you say, especially in a short period of time, would excite the suspicions and envy of those power-hungry among whatever populations we decided to settle amongst. The power hungry who were born and raised not only in those countries, but have tribal, or in places like Somalia, clan kinship with the people. Also, for the above to take place, we're talking BILLIONS of dollars, and 5% or even 10% of black Americans don't have that kind of disposable income, combined!

If you want peace and stability, better to look at Botswana, or even Rwanda of whom, 20 years after the genocide, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) says is more financially stable than either China or India. And since you mention Yoruba (tradition) and Lagos, both Nigerian, think with how much hostility and ire at African-American impudence would your suggestions be received. Or.... how 200,000 AAs with money would be met on the tarmac by Nigerian shyster sophisticates seeing fools just waiting to have their heads bumped! What I'm saying is that you have to know in detail the whos, whats, and wherefores of the continent and her peoples before any significant group of foreign-born African-Americans even think about repatriating, much less coming in as lords and masters of the local populations and architects of their futures. :10500: