Black People Politics : Neo-Imperialism in Africa

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Omowale Jabali, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Britain sending military advisers to Libya

LONDON — Britain said Tuesday it is sending military advisers to help organise Libyan rebels, even as western powers denied they could soon break their taboo against putting foreign boots on the ground.

The announcement came as France strongly warned against sending any coalition troops into Libya, where a two-month revolt against Moamer Kadhafi's regime has stalled and civilian casualties are mounting.

Foreign Secretary William Hague insisted the addition of about 12 military advisers to Britain's diplomatic team in the rebel stronghold of Benghazi did not breach a UN resolution authorising air strikes against Kadhafi's forces.

"They're not boots on the ground, this is not British ground combat forces going in... There is going to be no ground invasion of Libya," Hague told BBC television.

Hague said the British advisers would not arm or train the rebels, but would help them develop organisational structures, communications and logistics and coordinating humanitarian aid and medical supplies.

"They're people with the expertise in those sorts of things. They're not there, I stress, to train fighting forces, to arm fighting forces or of course to take part in any fighting themselves," he added.

The rebels "clearly lack that organisational experience and, yes, we do think that with that experience they will be able to save lives, in Ajdabiya, perhaps in Misrata," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.130fc500904fa168a55d3a431753c794.7e1

2. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Who in the world do they think they are??

This makes me freaking livid. I'm pissed with the current regime in the US and the one that came before - same one, just represented by a different puppet, this time. But does that mean I'm going to overthrow the gov't and that they should allow me to???

And does that mean that the Venezuela or Iraq should send military troops into the US to ensure that I successfully overthrow the gov't?

The US would fight anyone TOOTH AND NAIL if they tried to overthrow the gov't - a right that we actually were supposed to have been granted by the "founding fathers", should the gov't become "too big" or "too powerful".

So why do these hypocrites think they have the right to go into another country and help them overthrow the gov't, something they would NEVER allow on American or British soil??

I like how they are selective about who to overthrow, when it's someone like Gadaffi, who wants a "United States of Africa", a united and sovereign Africa, when it's someone who has the most oil reserves in all of Africa - the US and Europe immediately go in to destabilize the gov't and try to overthrow their leaders in exchange for puppets that will represent the financial greed of the US and Europe.

3. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Military Advisors Huh? The mirrior image of the historical "Christian Missionaries, before the slave ships started arriving....
    :em3700:..........:thinking:......now when was the last time we heard "military advisors" or "friendly missionaries:.......from amerikkka/europe......oh yea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't let these beasts into the motherland.......turn it into another somalia for all of em........or they'll try and colonize us again......:em3700:

MA'AT

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Obama’s neo-imperialism in Africa and the triumph of deceit over legality in Ivory Coast Part II By Y. A. Kebede

“Make no mistake: history is on the side of these brave Africans, and not with those who use coups, or change constitutions to stay in power. Africa does not need strongmen, it needs strong institutions.” Barack Obama’s speech to the Ghanian parliament on July 11, 2009.

In the first part of this article, we saw that the victory of Laurent Gbagbo was not open to doubt from the legal point of view. The Ivorian Constitutional Council, which is the highest legal jurisdiction to decide electoral disputes, said unequivocally that Laurent Gbagbo was the winner. Barack Obama and the Western media said that the decision of the Constitutional Council was “null and void” because, according to them, the members of the Constitutional Council are minions of Laurent Gbagbo. This is a specious argument used for misleading Western public opinion. It points also to the existence of a grand Western agenda to prise Laurent Gbagbo from power and to make Alassane Ouattara wear the crown of of Ivory Coast. More over, Obama should have known that the United state’s did not have any right to impugn the neutrality of the Ivorian constitutional Council. Obama should not forget how Bush junior was declared winner by the United state’s supreme court in the 2000 presidential elections. The American people and the world at large knew that Al Gore was the winner. But since most of the judges were nominated under Republican presidents, they abused their office to destroy the popular will and replace it by their own. The problem is that the law always takes precedence when it is inconsistent with popular will until such time that the people change the law. That is why the American people accepted the ill-gotten victory of George Bush because the United State’s supreme court judges decision is final according to the United state’s constitution. However compared to the egregious partiality of the United state’s supreme court judges in the 2000 presidential elections, the Ivorian constitutional council can not be accused of being partial to Laurent Gbagbo. One may not agree with the council’s decision declaring Gbagbo winner of the elections, but one cannot say that it reflected the non-neutrality of the Council. To show the non-neutrality of the Council, Obama and Western leaders submit adhominem arguments saying that the judges of the Constitutional Council are close friends of Laurent Gbagbo; but one can wonder if Obama has ever appointed his enemies as judges of the United State’s supreme court? It is undeniable truth that no Western leader has ever appointed supreme court judges whom they know to be their ideological or personal enemies.

http://www.abugidainfo.com/?p=17847

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Gbagbo's Fall Hurts Cocoa Buyers

Lagos — With the arrest of former Cote D' Ivoire's President Laurent Gbagbo and the end of the political crisis which ravaged the country in sight, Nigerian cocoa farmers and buyers are facing the reality of a price crash for the commodity.

The farmers and buyers had enjoyed a boom in their business with the commodity price hitting a 30-year high in January after renewed violence erupted in the country over disputed election results which opposition politician Alhassane Ouattara won.

In the final showdown to claim his mandate, Ouattara placed a ban on cocoa exports from the country which is the world's leading producer of the commodity, accounting for 70 per cent in January. He took the decision to starve his rival Gbagbo of funds.

That ban saw the price of the commodity soaring to $3,800 per metric ton.

Nigerian farmers who account for a meagre five per cent of the world's total supply enjoyed the price boom.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104190773.html

6. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Though I thank you (sincerely) for posting this article, I'd encourage anyone and everyone to not use the website cited. Before the overthrow of Elder Gbagbo, they actually "supported" the Nigerian president's eagerness to illegally enter Cote d'Ivoire and overthrow the president, on behalf of Europe. I'd have to look for that article, but that was the last time I used that website, I couldn't believe my eyes. Especially given the political instabilities of Nigeria, the president's excitement seems ironic.

That website is one of those websites in which you have to be careful, as there are Africans representing the interests of their colonizers - including in the press.

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I am taking into consideration your points as well as the following:

AllAfrica aggregates and indexes content from over 125 African news organizations, plus more than 200 other sources, who are responsible for their own reporting and views. Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica.

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    In his book Neo-colonialsm: The Last Stage of Imperialism, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah introduced us to the term neo-colonialism and how it operates.

I am introducing here another term which I find to be an extention of that "last state of imperialism" which is NOT necessarily monopoly, finance capitalism but an all out attempt by the NATO "alliance" to re-colonize Africa....militarily and otherwise.

Therefore, instead of creating another thread (perhaps this WILL be my last and final HERE) I will raise this question....

WHY ARE REVOLUTIONS IN AFRICA FAILING?

And please, I will respect all opinions but I need some facts regarding FAILED AFRICAN POLICIES rather than blaming yt for everything.

Peace!

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The following is part 1 of the article.

http://www.abugidainfo.com/?p=17831

"Yesterday, the West colonized Africa in the name of its civilizing mission. Today, the West uses its democracy and human rights rhetoric as a pretext to prevent the emergence patriotic leaders who refuse to be its lackeys. It is in reference to the civilising mission and to the democracy rhetoric that Keffyalew talked about “international will”. Yet any seasoned diplomat knows that there is no such thing as “international will”. There is only national or regional interest. In the Ivorian case, the convergence of American and European interest is very clear. The sad thing is that the African Union which was supposed to work solely for defence of the interest of the African peoples decided to immolate African interests on the altar of the geo-economic interests of its neocolonialist masters. When the Ivorians accepted the mediation of the African Union, it was not to be told by the latter that their constitution and the decision of their constitutional council were not worth of the paper they were written on. It was in the hope that the African Union would help them find a solution in keeping with the African tradition of resolving problems on a win-win basis. For the sake of peace and stability, Gbagbo was ready to share power although he is the one legally legitimate winner of the presidential poll. But Barack Obama had been categorically opposed to any mechanism of power-sharing. Following in the foot steps of Obama, international financial institutions such as the IMF and the World Bank said that they did not recognize the election of Laurent Gbagbo. The United Nations even went as far as accepting the nomination of Mr. Ouattara’s ambassador. So did other four Western nations. The Economic community of Western African states (ECOWAS) led by Nigeria even expressed its desire to invade Ivory Coast to remove Gbagbo from power. How can Nigeria, which has never had fair and free elections since its independence from British colonial rule can dare invade Ivory Coast? Goodluck Jonathan is not even an elected leader. What is clear is that the Western world has been able to rally most African leaders and news network behind its crusade against the only patriotic African leader, Laurent Gbagbo. All that encouraged Mr. Ouattara to reject all propositions of Mr. Gbagbo for power sharing in the name of peace. Mr. Ouattara was then comforted by the African Union decision to endorse Obama’s neo-imperialist policies in Africa. Yet the position of Mr Ouattara and that of the African Union was honeycombed with contradictions. On the one hand, they recognized that the Constitutional Council was competent to decide who has won the elections. But they refused to accept the Council’s decisions. For example, Ouattara did not accept the decision of the Constitutional Council declaring Gbagbo winner of the elections; All the same, he wrote a letter to the same Constitutional Council saying that he had been sworn in as president. This is very funny. You cannot reject the decision of the constitutional council and ask at the same time the same Constitutional council to recognize you as president. The African Union was mired in the same contradiction. It did not recognize the decision of the Constitutional Council declaring Laurent Gbagbo winner of the presidential elections, but it called on the very same Constitutional Council to swear Ouattara in as president. Mr. Ouattara and the African Union wanted to be outside and within the constitutional legality at the same time. In fact, both acted in flagrant violation of Ivorian law."

10. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    I have a white friend who lives in South Africa. He will tell you himself, Africa is being militarized.

Revolutions in Africa are being undermined by not only the power-brokering war mongering U.N. and whites. But revolutions in Africa are failing as well because so many Africans have BOUGHT INTO the Western fakery and perversion of progress.