Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Britain sending military advisers to Libya

LONDON — Britain said Tuesday it is sending military advisers to help organise Libyan rebels, even as western powers denied they could soon break their taboo against putting foreign boots on the ground.

The announcement came as France strongly warned against sending any coalition troops into Libya, where a two-month revolt against Moamer Kadhafi's regime has stalled and civilian casualties are mounting.

Foreign Secretary William Hague insisted the addition of about 12 military advisers to Britain's diplomatic team in the rebel stronghold of Benghazi did not breach a UN resolution authorising air strikes against Kadhafi's forces.

"They're not boots on the ground, this is not British ground combat forces going in... There is going to be no ground invasion of Libya," Hague told BBC television.

Hague said the British advisers would not arm or train the rebels, but would help them develop organisational structures, communications and logistics and coordinating humanitarian aid and medical supplies.

"They're people with the expertise in those sorts of things. They're not there, I stress, to train fighting forces, to arm fighting forces or of course to take part in any fighting themselves," he added.

The rebels "clearly lack that organisational experience and, yes, we do think that with that experience they will be able to save lives, in Ajdabiya, perhaps in Misrata," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.130fc500904fa168a55d3a431753c794.7e1

Who in the world do they think they are??

This makes me freaking livid. I'm pissed with the current regime in the US and the one that came before - same one, just represented by a different puppet, this time. But does that mean I'm going to overthrow the gov't and that they should allow me to???

And does that mean that the Venezuela or Iraq should send military troops into the US to ensure that I successfully overthrow the gov't?

The US would fight anyone TOOTH AND NAIL if they tried to overthrow the gov't - a right that we actually were supposed to have been granted by the "founding fathers", should the gov't become "too big" or "too powerful".

So why do these hypocrites think they have the right to go into another country and help them overthrow the gov't, something they would NEVER allow on American or British soil??

I like how they are selective about who to overthrow, when it's someone like Gadaffi, who wants a "United States of Africa", a united and sovereign Africa, when it's someone who has the most oil reserves in all of Africa - the US and Europe immediately go in to destabilize the gov't and try to overthrow their leaders in exchange for puppets that will represent the financial greed of the US and Europe.

Obama’s neo-imperialism in Africa and the triumph of deceit over legality in Ivory Coast Part II By Y. A. Kebede

“Make no mistake: history is on the side of these brave Africans, and not with those who use coups, or change constitutions to stay in power. Africa does not need strongmen, it needs strong institutions.” Barack Obama’s speech to the Ghanian parliament on July 11, 2009.

In the first part of this article, we saw that the victory of Laurent Gbagbo was not open to doubt from the legal point of view. The Ivorian Constitutional Council, which is the highest legal jurisdiction to decide electoral disputes, said unequivocally that Laurent Gbagbo was the winner. Barack Obama and the Western media said that the decision of the Constitutional Council was “null and void” because, according to them, the members of the Constitutional Council are minions of Laurent Gbagbo. This is a specious argument used for misleading Western public opinion. It points also to the existence of a grand Western agenda to prise Laurent Gbagbo from power and to make Alassane Ouattara wear the crown of of Ivory Coast. More over, Obama should have known that the United state’s did not have any right to impugn the neutrality of the Ivorian constitutional Council. Obama should not forget how Bush junior was declared winner by the United state’s supreme court in the 2000 presidential elections. The American people and the world at large knew that Al Gore was the winner. But since most of the judges were nominated under Republican presidents, they abused their office to destroy the popular will and replace it by their own. The problem is that the law always takes precedence when it is inconsistent with popular will until such time that the people change the law. That is why the American people accepted the ill-gotten victory of George Bush because the United State’s supreme court judges decision is final according to the United state’s constitution. However compared to the egregious partiality of the United state’s supreme court judges in the 2000 presidential elections, the Ivorian constitutional council can not be accused of being partial to Laurent Gbagbo. One may not agree with the council’s decision declaring Gbagbo winner of the elections, but one cannot say that it reflected the non-neutrality of the Council. To show the non-neutrality of the Council, Obama and Western leaders submit adhominem arguments saying that the judges of the Constitutional Council are close friends of Laurent Gbagbo; but one can wonder if Obama has ever appointed his enemies as judges of the United State’s supreme court? It is undeniable truth that no Western leader has ever appointed supreme court judges whom they know to be their ideological or personal enemies.

http://www.abugidainfo.com/?p=17847

Gbagbo's Fall Hurts Cocoa Buyers

Lagos — With the arrest of former Cote D' Ivoire's President Laurent Gbagbo and the end of the political crisis which ravaged the country in sight, Nigerian cocoa farmers and buyers are facing the reality of a price crash for the commodity.

The farmers and buyers had enjoyed a boom in their business with the commodity price hitting a 30-year high in January after renewed violence erupted in the country over disputed election results which opposition politician Alhassane Ouattara won.

In the final showdown to claim his mandate, Ouattara placed a ban on cocoa exports from the country which is the world's leading producer of the commodity, accounting for 70 per cent in January. He took the decision to starve his rival Gbagbo of funds.

That ban saw the price of the commodity soaring to $3,800 per metric ton.

Nigerian farmers who account for a meagre five per cent of the world's total supply enjoyed the price boom.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104190773.html

Lagos — With the arrest of former Cote D' Ivoire's President Laurent Gbagbo and the end of the political crisis which ravaged the country in sight, Nigerian cocoa farmers and buyers are facing the reality of a price crash for the commodity.

The farmers and buyers had enjoyed a boom in their business with the commodity price hitting a 30-year high in January after renewed violence erupted in the country over disputed election results which opposition politician Alhassane Ouattara won.

In the final showdown to claim his mandate, Ouattara placed a ban on cocoa exports from the country which is the world's leading producer of the commodity, accounting for 70 per cent in January. He took the decision to starve his rival Gbagbo of funds.

That ban saw the price of the commodity soaring to $3,800 per metric ton.

Nigerian farmers who account for a meagre five per cent of the world's total supply enjoyed the price boom.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104190773.html

Though I thank you (sincerely) for posting this article, I'd encourage anyone and everyone to not use the website cited. Before the overthrow of Elder Gbagbo, they actually "supported" the Nigerian president's eagerness to illegally enter Cote d'Ivoire and overthrow the president, on behalf of Europe. I'd have to look for that article, but that was the last time I used that website, I couldn't believe my eyes. Especially given the political instabilities of Nigeria, the president's excitement seems ironic.

That website is one of those websites in which you have to be careful, as there are Africans representing the interests of their colonizers - including in the press.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back