Law Forum : Neil deGrasse Tyson Faces $5 Million Negligence Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by UBNaturally, Jun 15, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Neil deGrasse Tyson Faces $5 Million Negligence Lawsuit In NYC Crash: 'I Kind Of Zoned Out,' 'Cosmos' Host Says
    By Howard [email protected]
    on April 04 2014 3:06 PM

[​IMG]

“Cosmos” host Neil deGrasse Tyson is being sued for $5 million by a New York man who claims the astrophysicist was negligent when his Audi collided with the Mercedes he was driving near John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The accident occurred in April 2012, when Tyson, who was driving an Audi with “UNIVRSE” plates, collided with a Dodge being driven by a Connecticut woman and then hit a Mercedes driven by Krzysztof Bugajski, according to court papers filed by 47-year-old Bugajski and obtained by the Smoking Gun.

The Smoking Gun headline reads:
    Motorist Suing Astrophysicist Over Big Bang

The civil trial is scheduled to start next week in New York Supreme Court, but the Smoking Gun said the case is likely to be postponed.

In a deposition taken shortly after the accident, Tyson, the host of “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey” and director of the Hayden Planetarium, said he wasn’t paying attention in the moments before the collisions.

“At the time I made contact with the Dodge, I kind of zoned [out] and lost attention and so -- at that point I made contact with the Dodge, I have to conclude, I didn’t see it, in other words, I would not have drifted into it,” Tyson said.

Full Report

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    This wont fly. I can see it if he left the scene. This is nothing more than frivolous

3. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    So this idiot Bugajski is claiming that he suffered damages in the amount of $5 million? LOL! Now THAT'S entertainment.