Gun Ownership : Negroes with Guns

milgentleman said:
The guy said something to the effect of ''even when defending yourself a life is taken'',as if we should value the life of an enemy.Im sickened by this type of thinking,and there are ALOT of black people that think this way.Some would save the life of a Ku Klux Klansmen thinking they are ''doing what Jesus would have done''.Honestly I HATE these types of black people.They would let an oppressor live to continue making our lives a living hell and actually think they are ''right'' for doing so.

None of us here have advocated using weapons in any situation besides self defense,and the guy still said he ''disagreed'' with us needing weapons to protect ourselves.We should just leave it up to ''Jesus'' to protect us against our many enemies huh?

I believe this sheep mentality has been encouraged within us by the white majority (notice how MLK is put out as ''the'' black leader,why not Malcolm or Nat Turner?why not Harriet Tubman?).

Well, we can't leave it to the white majority to determine who we want to model after... we have to leave it up to ourselves. I think there are a lot of us who do have a lot of pride towards each of the leaders you mentioned.

Anyway, I can't speak on the Christian statements because I'm not a Christian. I'll let who you were responding to speak to that.

karmashines said:
Well, we can't leave it to the white majority to determine who we want to model after... we have to leave it up to ourselves. I think there are a lot of us who do have a lot of pride towards each of the leaders you mentioned.

Anyway, I can't speak on the Christian statements because I'm not a Christian. I'll let who you were responding to speak to that.

Of coarse we cant leave it up to the majority to determine who we want to model after....I was just making a point.I believe that there are certain elements in society that encourage blacks to be loving towards those that hate us.The Christian religion is one of them.I dont understand why so many of us proclaim a religion forced on our ancestors during slavery.......

That ole ''even when defending yourself a life is taken'' type of mentality is sickening.As if its bad to take the life of an enemy.

milgentleman said:
Of coarse we cant leave it up to the majority to determine who we want to model after....I was just making a point.I believe that there are certain elements in society that encourage blacks to be loving towards those that hate us.The Christian religion is one of them.I dont understand why so many of us proclaim a religion forced on our ancestors during slavery.......

That ole ''even when defending yourself a life is taken'' type of mentality is sickening.As if its bad to take the life of an enemy.

Well, I have my own issues with Christianity, which is why I have choosen to not be one.

I will say in terms of financial unity, the Christian church is already an entity that is able to get a large group of us together to contribute in that way. When I was a Christian, the pastor built businesses, a school and an outreach center. I don't agree with his religion, but I agree with what he has done economically.

How realistic do you think it is to get people who are already attached to a religion to give up just because you see elements that are contradictory?

karmashines said:
How realistic do you think it is to get people who are already attached to a religion to give up just because you see elements that are contradictory?

If some of us wish to follow the religion of those who enslaved us,let them do so.But for goodness sake,dont let the religion brainwash you into being an idiotic coward (which any black person who doesnt see why we need to arm ourselves is,in my opinion).Harriet Tubman was a christian but she would have never advocated blacks not using our common sense!I highly doubt you will find many white christians who would say they dont need weapons to defend themselves or that ''even in defending themselves a life is taken'' as if under no circumstance should one kill to defend his/herself,family,or community.

We still have all white juries(in a city that is almost 40% black) letting cops off for beating down brothers.With all that we have been through as a people,and all that we still go through,Im amazed at the soft,weak,love thy enemy,turn the other cheek,dont protect yourself mentality some of us have.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back