Gun Ownership : Negroes with Guns

karmashines said:
Well, me personally I don't go around "questioning any black person that disagrees" level of sanity, unless a mental health professional (which has to be black in this case), has certified them to be insane.

Any black person who even suggests that we leave ourselves unarmed in this violent world has to have some sort of mental defect.As I type this,there are militias of racists training and preparing for a racial war.

WHo else can we depend on to protect us?the police?the US government?

NNQueen said:
To own/possess a gun is one thing. Knowing how to use and maintain them is another. Guns are made for one thing and one thing only. They are not toys which is why I don't like the fact that they are sold as such to children. It has no multi-purpose like a knife. In a world where violence is a way of life, yes, people need to be able to protect themselves from known enemies as well as "friendly fire", people who shoot you without intending to.

For people who own guns, how often do you go to target practice? How often do you clean it to make sure it's in good working condition? Where do you store it? A gun can give you a (false?) sense of security whether you're carrying it or have it in the home. How big of a gun do you need in order to feel "safe"? What's your philosophy in terms of using a gun? Are you quick to go for it when you feel you may be in danger or do you do something else first?

For those who choose not to own a gun for whatever your reasons might be, if you or your family was in a life threatening situation and you can't dial 911 for help, what would you do to defend yourself?

Alright on gun ownership........if you can't clean and fix your guns you're just as lost as not having one.....you should know it in and out be able to take it almost completely apart and put it back together again....

you have to spend a lot of time at the range and at home learning the gun or guns you have learn control, trigger pull,where your gun hits with different ammo because some guns are ammo sensitive....I'm at the range 2 to 3 times a month and at home I do dry firing exercises....also shooting at the range only gets you accurate in a perfect environment you should take defensive shooting courses they teach you how to shoot in a combat environment employing differing tactics and weapons and at differing ranges.....

Know the right weapon for your application different calibers and bullet types have differing characteristics which depending on your situation and application can make it either a good or poor choice.....

There's a lot more to defensive shooting than just picking up your piece and popping it's not that easy at all especially if you are in a stressful situation, have an intruder in your place but don't know where your loved ones are in relation to his and your position

Therious no to my understanding felons can't legally own guns but some things concerning gun ownership are federal law and some are state law you have to check to see.....

I use what I have for hunting, recreational shooting and if necessary defense I've been around and handling guns since I was 7 and Queen is right they are not toys even though a lot of people treat them as such..I do let my kids have toy guns though...that's the first steps to teaching them gun safety in a perfectly safe environment....as they mature and show me what I want to see they can start handling the real thing.....I'm in the process of getting a nice little rifle that they are going to share and start shooting this summer.....

They're not for everyone but when the stuff hits the fan and there's nobody to help what are you going to do personally I'm not depending on somebody else to come and save me and mine I'm doing what's necessary..

MississippiRed

milgentleman said:
Any black person who even suggests that we leave ourselves unarmed in this violent world has to have some sort of mental defect.As I type this,there are militias of racists training and preparing for a racial war.

WHo else can we depend on to protect us?the police?the US government?

I don't think that's what some of those who decide to not get a gun are saying.

Yes, it makes sense to get a gun for protection. But you do realize that having a gun in and of itself is not a cureall, right? You do realize that it's possible for people to use the gun to KILL people who aren't threatening their safety, correct? What are your suggestions to make sure people use the guns with safety and wisdom, especially with kids in the house?

And do you think that each person has a different level of safety within their own neighborhoods, whether they have to be all or mostly black or whatever? I live in a relatively safe neighborhood with little crime... the LIKILIHOOD of someone breaking in is low. But being a military family, we still have them.

Now, if the context is what we need AS A PEOPLE for a NATION, that's different. Individuals may not see an immediate need for guns, but most nations do along with other weapons. The weapons in and of themselves (on either level) aren't bad... it's when you use them irresponsibly that is. And on an ORGANIZATIONAL level, people should know blatently broadcasting their arsenals is going to call negative attention to themselves.

karmashines said:
I don't think that's what some of those who decide to not get a gun are saying.

Yes, it makes sense to get a gun for protection. But you do realize that having a gun in and of itself is not a cureall, right? You do realize that it's possible for people to use the gun to KILL people who aren't threatening their safety, correct? What are your suggestions to make sure people use the guns with safety and wisdom, especially with kids in the house?

And do you think that each person has a different level of safety within their own neighborhoods, whether they have to be all or mostly black or whatever? I live in a relatively safe neighborhood with little crime... the LIKILIHOOD of someone breaking in is low. But being a military family, we still have them.

Now, if the context is what we need AS A PEOPLE for a NATION, that's different. Individuals may not see an immediate need for guns, but most nations do along with other weapons. The weapons in and of themselves (on either level) aren't bad... it's when you use them irresponsibly that is. And on an ORGANIZATIONAL level, people should know blatently broadcasting their arsenals is going to call negative attention to themselves.

The guy said something to the effect of ''even when defending yourself a life is taken'',as if we should value the life of an enemy.Im sickened by this type of thinking,and there are ALOT of black people that think this way.Some would save the life of a Ku Klux Klansmen thinking they are ''doing what Jesus would have done''.Honestly I HATE these types of black people.They would let an oppressor live to continue making our lives a living hell and actually think they are ''right'' for doing so.

None of us here have advocated using weapons in any situation besides self defense,and the guy still said he ''disagreed'' with us needing weapons to protect ourselves.We should just leave it up to ''Jesus'' to protect us against our many enemies huh?

I believe this sheep mentality has been encouraged within us by the white majority (notice how MLK is put out as ''the'' black leader,why not Malcolm or Nat Turner?why not Harriet Tubman?).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back