Black Spirituality Religion : Negative Confessions

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Sep 2, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I'm sure my understanding of this will increase once I start reading the book by Ashby. However that will have to wait until I finish the Metu Neter anda some other books. Meanwhile this question has been on my mind and I'd like to hear from my teachers about it.

Now you know the negative confessions begin "I have not done this" and "I have not done that."

This seems kinda retro leaving no room for repentance. Suppose I have done this and have done that. Now I grow a little spiritually and decide that I should not have done this and it would have been better if I hadn't done that. But I still cannot truthfully make the negative confessions.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This is what being re-born is about. One becomes accountable when one knows. This is why Tehuti who the Greeks call Thoth says; "The wickedness of a soul is ignorance", the virtue of a soul is knowledge" There was no life for the soul except in knowing, and no salvation but in doing the truth.

Knowledge is of the first importance. It is by such that we find our way from the darkness of self, of life...knowledge becomes your compass that guides you through life. It is knowledge that saves you from perpetual darkness, sin, ignorance and life; as such it becomes your salvation from the above also so that you are born anew in your soul, your thoughts, your actions, and as such, even in the manner that you depart this realm.

With the process of "knowing" which is a key of knowledge, you can no longer be the same person with the same thoughts and actions...this is where your accountability begins.

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Then one must accept knowledge and put emotions aside for knowledge mixed with emotions will only increase rather then eliminate sin.

So you are saying that each piece of knowledge that I get down into my inner being and practice is a new birth. In other words the person on the spiritually ascendance is constantly being born again in one area or another.

Now I can take up my ankh daily and follow Maat.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    As you can see in my photo, I make ankhs for businesses and people...all by hand which I sew.

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I'd like to have a ring or something to go round my neck or earrings. The ones you sew--what kind of products do you make?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister River ... i'm not sure that i'm understanding.

You say you realize that you've made some mistakes, but you aren't able to sincerely acknowledge that?

Help me understand Sister.

:heart:

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister River ... as i think on the title of this thread ... it seems the two words can't really go together.

Negative and Confession

Confession implies truth, a purging of one's soul (if you will). Perhaps even, where there were lies, the truth is revealed.

How can this ever be negative?

:heart:

Destee

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Sista Destee

lol
    I am speaking of the 142 Negative Confessions of Maat--a part of Kemetic scriptures. Each of these confessions states that one has not done something.

Let's say the confession goes "I have not stolen what does not belong to me." Now suppose I have stolen things (hypotheticall of course as an example). Then even after I realize that stealing is wrong I still cannot truthful say ""I have not stolen what does not belong to me" unless I view this as brotha Keita directs me to.

I hope this makes what I'm saying clearer.