Black People : Negative Black People

She, AtlantaSistah made this comment:

"We can began to counteract negative points of view with positive ones. Also, when you are around folks that are putting our race down, challenge them on it. No, not argue, just a simple challenge. Ask them what proof they have to back up the foolishness they spout. Give them an alternate point of view."

I agree, put forth some facts/evidence to substantiate ones claim.

Thank you sooooo much for sharing this! :toast:

This Sistah had me ROLLIN'! :lol:

Yes, her message was of a serious topic/nature; but her delivery was HILARIOUS!

However, I totally agree with her message. This video was in direct response to some Black women she had "absorbed;" but this message fits some Black men as well.

And, I particularly agreed with the part where she talked about not being deceived by those with all their "outward" appearances of so-called "Consciousness."----Yes, sadly, there are many Black men and women goin' around spoutin' their Conscious RHETORIC, wearing their locks and African attire and jewelry, always talkin' bout the "Ancestors" this-and-that, etc.....and when you really listen to them talk, a lot of what they say is always putting other Black people down about what they do/don't do, Black women wearing perms; Black folks are ignorant/don't know their history; still "stuck in the matrix;" still blinded by Christianity; need to wake up.....and all kindsa stuff that details what is so WRONG with us.......and THEN, they wanna talk about BLACK UNITY in the NEXT BREATH.

When that kinda negative stuff is almost ALL you hear from a Black man or Black woman, yeah, you hafta distance yourself from it to a degree.

Sadly, what these negative Black people don't seem to realize is that they probably push away more Black people with their negativity than pull them to them.

IMO, largely, the people who agree/co-sign with them must be just as negative themselves to endorse all that negativity the others spew.

Again, thanks for sharing!......I was really laughin' at the end cuz this Sistah was so heated, she wuz 'bout to go git a drank! :lol:

Hmm....talk about negativity...can I play this video to my students in the classroom? How can one convey a positive meessage with such a negative tone?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back