Black Poetry : Neegro Bidniz

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Heartbeat, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Negro business
    Ain't got nothing to do with business
    That's why we ain't in business
    Because...
    We don't make it our business
    To take care of business
    We make excuses for why the business isn't done
    It's not all of us
    But it's way more than one

Yes we are talented
    Can do anything we set out minds to do
    But where we fall down
    Is the execution and the follow through

Made worse by the fact
    We're expected to act like that
    Blacks on the ball
    Don't want to fall
    They are serious about business
    Take pride in doing business right
    And find success
    Dealing with folks who are white

Leaving neegro bidniz to neegroes
    Sign me up!

BE

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    bidniz business bizzzznesssss!!

all work no play
    so this i say

where do i sign !?:confused:

3. Heartbeat

Ratings:
    +86
    We all about the play my brother. I'm signing up with the folks who ain't got time to play.

4. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    perceptions...

"Made worse by the fact
    We're expected to act like that "

I'm so tired of the phrase, CPT...Colored People Time.

YES, it is expected. not only by other races, but even by US. there are so many excuses for why we're late...why things aren't done...why we're not farther along in the business world. but the bottom line is that we're not responsible...we're not dependable...WE DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH.

WHEN I SAY "WE," I'M TALKING ABOUT THAT SELECT FEW WHO FIT INTO THAT CATEGORY.

there was a sistah who wanted to start a SNO CONE stand, in Mississippi. she wanted to utilize other Black Owned Businesses, so she contracted with this brutha as an ICE source. after the first two deliveries, the brutha started delivering LATE. first a couple of days...then three/fours days...then an entire week. after continuously trying to rectify the situation, the sistah finally had to go to a White Owned establishment for an ICE source because the Black Owned establishment wasn't meeting their commitments.

this is what happens too often with US. We want other Blacks to support our businesses, but we don't want to be responsible for coming through when we have to.

SORRY ABOUT THE TANGENT, BE...just needed to get that out there.

NICE FLOW.

5. Heartbeat

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm hearing you Baller. The sno-cone story is a classic example of the kind of stuff I am talking about. We do it to each other every day and then complain about black folks not supporting black business. Why should we support incompetence? Thanks for the read.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I read this the first time and was reluctant to respond, cause I got a whole discussion in me on this topic. Certainly I do agree with you Heartbeat and Baller, to some degree. Yes, we do have that CPT thing down to a pat and we aren't all that we should be all the time, but no one is. Others fail to follow through and it isn't necessarily a reflection on their entire race. Nor did they have the obstacles we have/had to overcome. As a black business owner, interacting overwhelmingly with other black business owners, I can say that what you have described has not been the majority of my experiences. Sure, I've had the occasional problem client or associate, but they by no means colored my view of all. I tend to focus on what I'm doing. Am I doing what I should in regard to conducting and presenting myself properly/professionally, if so, that's all I can do. I will stay hopeful and believe that the rest of my Sisters and Brothers will and want to do the same. Guess it's the "is the jar half full or half empty" thingy.

7. Heartbeat

Ratings:
    +86
    Good for you Destee. You handle your business and have been fortunate enough to deal with people who are likewise. But it only takes one or two bad experiences to formulate a harsh opinion...especially when that experience(s) results in the loss of money and valuable time.

8. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    apologies...

i didn't mean to imply...or color a negative portrait of ALL OF US...and i'm never concerned with other races...my HIT is on the note that it's "Made worse by the fact We're expected to act like that " because it's expected by us, we--some of us--try to use that expectation as an excuse to do as little as is needed to get by. WE, as a people, need to get beyond that.

whenever i need something done, i look first to the black community to find a source. i don't go looking for the best he/she can do...i expect perfection. if you can't provide that, don't give me excuses...just say what you can't do and i'll move on to the next source.

some of us expect to be supported by the black community because we're black. we sometimes forget that we have to provide good service if we want to form a strong customer base...customers that are willing to come back for more...instead of one time customers who don't return because the service STANK.

feel me.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you Bruce. I know first hand, your willingness to do business with other black folk and agree that it doesn't take a whole lot of loss for one to be discouraged.

I'm with you and here for you too.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    yesss i do feel you Baller

feeling both of yall and ...

backing slowly away

:)