Black Education / Schools : Need your help guys.

We've had to study white people ALL the time in school...Come on now...It's not like they teaching about our history on the regular basis besides "Black History Month"....(even though it is still Black History Month)...

Always getting offended when a white person asks a question about black folks. I'd rather they ask.

My goodness!

Hello everyone, I hope you're all ok. First off, I might as well admit that I'm white and British, so I probably shouldn't be on here, so I apologise in advance for that. Basically, I need your help.

Right, for a piece of work for college, we have to do a presentation on a social issue. I decided to do black people's representation in the media, and I've done all the stuff about Dr. Mark Dean and Ray Lewis and Fox News, But I was thinking for a case study I would do something on New Orleans. I'm aware of the criticism of the slow government reactions, but I was looking more on the press' side, many people have claimed they were being racist (Including our friend Mr. West) but it's very hard to find examples of this, even on wikipedia. So, does anyone have any links to the media being racist? I'm thinking perhaps online videos on youtube, or maybe online press articles, but they're going to be hard. So, I was hoping you guys would be able to help? I wouldn't normally ask but finding links is so very hard, and obviously I was hoping to raise awareness as I did so.

I'm sure if you write CNN they can give you back ground in to the 1st few days of coverage of the event. Especially the aftermath. There was all kinds of reporting that turned out to be misleading and even false about what was going on there. Today indictements were announced about the cover ups involving police murders of unarmed civilians for rioting. Start there

:em0200:

Kamau: This was the response I was partially worried I would get. But I'm with MsInterpret on this one, I chose the topic because it's an issue that doesn't get a lot of mainstream coverage and a minority know/care about. Would you rather I don't address the topic and bring it to the attention of my peers? And i'm not using you as a case study, so there's no need for you to worry about that!

Kemetstry: Thankyou very much, that's very useful. And what an incredible piece of news, it's disgusting how they kept it quiet for so long. Something very similar happened in the UK, with Jean Charles De Menzes, which is worth looking up if you're interested in that sort of stuff.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back