Black Spirituality Religion : Need for a Nation of Christianity patterened after the NOI???

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ankhur, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Is there a present and urgent need for a NOC patterned after the NOI, when one looks at the demise of the Black family, drop out rates, teen pregnancy, drugs, alcoholism, gambling addiction, that the members of the Nation of Islam have desolved from their families and children.

is there a need for an Nation Of Christianity to be based on the same principles, of Self Sufficiency, Emergency Preperation, Black Nationalism and Pan Africansim, as in the NOI?

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "It's like 'Deja Vu' all over again."

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    That realy is an excellent expression of where your spirituality is at, as well as your concern for the Black community, that statement sums up alot

Thank you!

Live long and prosper

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

Which denomination of Christianity is gonna run it? I'm thinking you have a better chance of meeting Jesus. :wink:

Peace

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Very good point, Brother! :toast:

IMO, though, placing one's faith in "denominations" is where too many go wrong.

Contrary to what some believe, Christianity is not rooted in a set of different "sects."

But, then, those of Islam could say the same for all of the "off-shoots" of it as well.

6. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

Faith has failed as has religion. Both should be discarded. Deal with KNOWLEDGE and you'll be dealing with the truth.

Peace

7. hartwell

hartwell Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +252
    Nation of christianity that is a joke. The typical black christian don't know what is going on in the real world much less don't know their own bible. Go ahead knock on a christians door and ask them the situation in sudan, somalia or the coming election in the ivory coast and see what answer you get my brother, as a matter of fact do they know where the ivory coast is at? Its hard being conscious minded when your whole doctrine is based on "god loves everybody mentality" that they have. You will be better off trying to get the israelites to start some typed of nation of doctrine. Well anyway i don't follow any of these three montheistic religions however it seems like with my third eye open that the muslims and israelites seem to be more consicous minded what goes on in the black community and worldwide and seem to support pan africanism.

just my 0.02 cents

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, even though you and I travel different roads, perhaps we can still end up at the same place, by Faith or by Truth, when it comes to our communities.