Africa : NDJUKATONGO: THE LANGUAGE OF THE AFRICAN SURINAMESE...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Sometime ago, brother DeepVoice expressed some surprise about African presence in Holland/Belguim where sister LadyLiberty resides... So I wanted to present him, particularly, with this information about the Ndjuka of Surinam, formerly Dutch Guiana... The African Culture there is far richer than African culture ANYWHERE in the so-called New World, because the Ndjuka fought off Dutch intrusion on their culture for 200 years or more, and remained untouched by European influence late into the 20th century...

I believe Dr. Alan Counter wrote a book about these brothers and sisters, and their Indigenous neighbors and friends, like 25 years or more ago... The book was entitled, I Sought My Brother, and details Dr. Counter's encounter with the Africans and Indigneous people deep in the forest of Surninam... In the 1920's, I believe experts began to actually write down the language of our people there, and the website can tell that story better than I can... Here is the Web Address... Read and enjoy...

http://www.maroons-suriname.com/Writing in Ndyukatongo.html

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Sometime ago, brother DeepVoice expressed some surprise about African presence in Holland/Belguim where sister LadyLiberty resides... So I wanted to present him, particularly, with this information about the Ndjuka of Surinam, formerly Dutch Guiana... The African Culture there is far richer than African culture ANYWHERE in the so-called New World, because the Ndjuka fought off Dutch intrusion on their culture for 200 years or more, and remained untouched by European influence late into the 20th century...

I believe Dr. Alan Counter wrote a book about these brothers and sisters, and their Indigenous neighbors and friends, like 25 years or more ago... The book was entitled, I Sought My Brother, and details Dr. Counter's encounter with the Africans and Indigneous people deep in the forest of Surninam... In the 1920's, I believe experts began to actually write down the language of our people there, and the website can tell that story better than I can... Here is the Web Address... Read and enjoy...

http://www.maroons-suriname.com/Writing in Ndyukatongo.html

Peace!
Isaiah

Oh, so there's, no confusion, the connection between Holland and Suriname/Dutch Guiana is colonial in nature... Many folk now residing in Holland are either originally from the Surinam, or are maybe first or second generation citizens of Holland...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back