Black Sports : NCAA Upsets: Loyola Chicago sinks Miami on Donte Ingram's last-second 3-pointer

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Sports
NCAA stunner: No. 16 seed UMBC makes history by knocking out No. 1 Virginia

By Gene Wang

CHARLOTTE — Virginia was on the wrong end of the most improbable upset in men’s college basketball history Friday night, falling to Maryland Baltimore County, 74-54, to become the first No. 1 seed to lose to a No. 16 in the NCAA tournament.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ncaa-stunner-no-16-seed-umbc-makes-history-by-knocking-out-no-1-virginia/2018/03/16/35d91dee-2954-11e8-874b-d517e912f125_story.html?undefined=&utm_term=.3ee61752d722&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Virginia’s Kyle Guy slams into UMBC guard Jourdan Grant during first-half action Friday night in Charlotte. The No. 16 seed Retrievers stunned No. 1 Virginia, 74-54, the first time a No. 16 has beaten a No. 1 in NCAA history. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
March Madness Saturday roundup: Favorites emerge, Jordan Poole becomes Michigan hero

Henry Bushnell
The Dagger

... The very last shot of Saturday was undoubtedly the best. Isaiah Livers zipped a baseball pass, Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman stayed composed, and Poole, later described by coach John Beilein as having an “overdose of swag,” etched his name in March Madness lore.

https://sports.yahoo.com/march-madness-saturday-roundup-favorites-emerge-jordan-poole-becomes-michigan-hero-061259284.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Sports
March Madness: Florida State upsets No. 1 Xavier, but fellow giant-slayer UMBC falls to Kansas State

By Cindy Boren and Des Bieler

If you were a top-four seed Sunday — heck, if you were a top-two seed — you were in big, big trouble.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/18/march-madness-live-ncaa-games-bring-wild-finishes-tv-schedule-updates-scores/?utm_term=.a8834009991e&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Florida State’s Mfiondu Kabengele and Braian Angola celebrate their upset of Xavier. (Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: