Black Christians : NC protests split on Bible's message to help poor

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Is it possible to incorporate biblical understanding into politics family?

They argue that cutting benefit programs and cutting tax breaks for low- and middle-income families violates Jesus Christ's teaching to care for those with the least. It's running into another school of Christian thought followed by many Southern conservatives: The best way to help the poor is through private charity, providing jobs and promoting self-reliance, rather than government programs.

NC protests split on Bible's message to help poor

By CHRIS KARDISH | Associated Press – 24 mins ago

97604b7992187c13340f6a706700315f.jpg

Associated Press/The News & Observer, Travis Long - A member of the clergy is among dozens of demonstrators arrested during an act of civil disobedience opposing the Republican legislature's agenda Monday, June 10, 2013, at the North Carolina State Legislative Building in Raleigh, N.C. More than 350 people have been arrested since "Moral Monday" demonstrations started on April 29. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a growing number of left-leaning groups are lashing out at a host of GOP policies ranging from education to voting rights. (AP Photo/The News & Observer, Travis Long)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Over the last two months, hundreds of protesters have walked out of North Carolina's capitol in handcuffs to show their opposition to policies by the GOP-controlledLegislature.

While a broader coalition of supporters is building around the "Moral Mondays" started by the state chapter of the NAACP, the inspiration behind the protests is a throwback to the biblical message of civil rights leaders fighting segregation in the Jim Crow era.
http://news.yahoo.com/nc-protests-split-bibles-message-help-poor-161430742.html

Peace In,

Associated Press/The News & Observer, Travis Long - A member of the clergy is among dozens of demonstrators arrested during an act of civil disobedience opposing the Republican legislature's agenda Monday, June 10, 2013, at the North Carolina State Legislative Building in Raleigh, N.C. More than 350 people have been arrested since "Moral Monday" demonstrations started on April 29. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a growing number of left-leaning groups are lashing out at a host of GOP policies ranging from education to voting rights. (AP Photo/The News & Observer, Travis Long)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Over the last two months, hundreds of protesters have walked out of North Carolina's capitol in handcuffs to show their opposition to policies by the GOP-controlledLegislature.

While a broader coalition of supporters is building around the "Moral Mondays" started by the state chapter of the NAACP, the inspiration behind the protests is a throwback to the biblical message of civil rights leaders fighting segregation in the Jim Crow era.

Peace In,

I'm so glad you posted this thread. I'm following the news and they just deomostrated again a few days ago about an abortion bill. I'm coming back to this thread.

I've been crazy busy this spring and summer. One of my sons just graduated from college and he is running me ragged.

I'm so glad you posted this thread. I'm following the news and they just deomostrated again a few days ago about an abortion bill. I'm coming back to this thread.

I've been crazy busy this spring and summer. One of my sons just graduated from college and he is running me ragged.

Congratulations Chevron, it's quite an accomplishment, hats off to you and yours. Return when you can, your son's graduation is far more important.

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In

Peace In,

This just goes to show you about all of the Rep. that invoke the bible, and recite quotes from it are hypocrites. The very people that has put this brutha in cuffs, will sit up in church Sunday and praise god and his teachings. The very teachings they are putting people in jail for trying to uphold them.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back