Black Sports : NBA PLAYOFFS UNDER WAY !

The Lakers have been struggling against the Rockets because of Yao Ming. No other team in the West has a center who is large enough to bother Shaq. The Spurs can upset the Lakers, but I think LA will beat them in the Western Conference Finals. In the Eastern Conference Finals I see Detriot & New Jersey. Of this match-up I see the experience of the Nets being the deciding factor.

now i agree with that , yes the NETS will have it but the Pacers are high flying
and seem to be hungery for a title the LAKERS are deep in depth and can be
strong if they get by the second round i see them falling i like the T-Wolves
but reality i have a change of heart and say SPURS vs Pacers you have open up
some good points here Yoa is big trouble for any team but after that Houston
is subside as a no factor or threat

I don't see the Lakers falling to the Timberwolves, they've only gotten past the 1st round for the 1st time in 7 tries. I do think the wolves have a strong team though. The Kings have too many injuries to go all the way (which is ashame because they have the talent & will, but can never enter the playoffs with a heathly team). The only team that can beat the Lakers is the Spurs.

It is a shame the Kings are so banged up because they have a fun team to watch. I think if they are healthy with the same roster next year they will be the team. I like the Spurs because they have guys who make big plays (Duncan, Ginoblili, Parker, Horry, Bowen) and they play tight "D". I think their defense will mess with any team and their offense is not bad either. Plus they can play half court ball against the Lakers. Lakers defense lacks against pick & roll and Shaq is not the force as far as block shots like he used to be. Plus San Antonio will go at Shaq which no other team seems to want to do. If Detroits offense continues to be ok then I think they'll upset the Pacers. Though Jermaine O'neil and Ron Artest will cause problems for Detroit. Rasheed Wallace will be the key to Detroit advancing. If Yao would go to the post instead of settling for fade aways and long range jumpers then Houston would have a chance to upset Lakers because they also kill them with the pick & roll. But he's too timid right now. Whatever team plays Lakers, go a Shaq, that's the key.

The window of opportunity is closing for the Kings. I remember when the Bulls reached the Finals for the 1st time in 1991, Jordan said they had to win it, because there are no guarantees that they'd be back. The same is true for every team. The Kings only have a few years to be near the top before they begin to slip. Their best years have been wasted by injuries to key players.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back