Black Sports : NBA PLAYOFF about to heat up!

Sefirot said:
In 3 years, LA will be solid contenders. imo they have by far the best development staff in the league. Odom and Brown (the two softies) are going to maximize their potential by then. Odom can essentially be a Pippen. Very tall and long, yet well-rounded.
Tashawn (his moms is probably named Shonte) is the difference imo. He came up big over the off-season. On top of that everyone else did too. Plus they have something to prove (gettin those belts back). I say The D in the last moment of 6.

It all comes down to the off-season man. Look at what happened once the Laker "Dream Team" of a couple of years ago didn't work. You saw all the unseen problems and drama once they didn't get that trophy. It started to be known that most people on that team didn't like playing with Kobe. The coach didn't liek Kobe. I feel the same will happen if the Lakers don't get the trophy (which they won't). Kobe has had drama with teammates all season. Once the offseason comes, we'll see how many of them want to stay Lakers. They just might take a step of two backwards, and maybe that's why Kobe is trying to share the ball all of a sudden.

Anyhow, I feel it does come down to San Antonio and Detroit...but I feel Detroit will take it unless San Antonio is 100%. I just cant' forget how Detroit routed San Antonio earlier in the season. I know the Spurs can't either. Plus, Detroit has home-court, which will be huge in that series. Don't sleep on the Clippers either, because they can hang with anyone. The should have won last night, just like Sacramento should have won the other night in San Antonio. If the Clippers make it to the West Finals, look out.

kente417mojo said:
It all comes down to the off-season man. Look at what happened once the Laker "Dream Team" of a couple of years ago didn't work. You saw all the unseen problems and drama once they didn't get that trophy. It started to be known that most people on that team didn't like playing with Kobe. The coach didn't liek Kobe. I feel the same will happen if the Lakers don't get the trophy (which they won't). Kobe has had drama with teammates all season. Once the offseason comes, we'll see how many of them want to stay Lakers. They just might take a step of two backwards, and maybe that's why Kobe is trying to share the ball all of a sudden.

Don't sleep on the Clippers either, because they can hang with anyone. The should have won last night, just like Sacramento should have won the other night in San Antonio. If the Clippers make it to the West Finals, look out.

The entire Chicago squad had issues with Mike. But when they were on that court they trusted him enough to know that if they did, they would succeed. I agree. It's a matter of how much they trust Kobe or accept him as a leader. I don't feel that anyone does. I wouldn't either. But I do think that they respect Phillip. And I think he's going to lay it down cold by next season. The 2, 3, and 5 are going to be critical. If he can get those three to trust him and to work well in the triangle, then the others will play their respective roles (Phil seems to be a big believer in roles. When Robert missed that 3, he failed at his role-crunch 3 point shooter. Shipped him off to Texas).

The clippers!!? Elton "Brand flakes" and his suspect gaze are not going to raise that squad to anything. And 6-8 is just not enough to cut it at the 4. It's similar to Ray Allen, Ben Gordon, and A.I. Great players, but they lack the additional 2-4 inches that make the difference in elevating AND actually playing to their potential in the paint.

Essentials for a championship squad in this era: At the 2-guard, 6'6" and up. At the 4, 6'10'' and up. If not, you'll get your stats, but you'll never be able to truly and consistantly put your squad on your back when the time of necessity presents itself. Particularly in the playoffs. The only exception, even in the past, was Joey D at 2-guard (6'3"). So, Brand aint got enough to cut it (plus I just don't like the brotha's game :yawn:). Same with Cat Man. Sammy Sam is the best thing they have going for them imo, but he's like ancient. But he's still got it.

Sefirot said:
The entire Chicago squad had issues with Mike. But when they were on that court they trusted him enough to know that if they did, they would succeed. I agree. It's a matter of how much they trust Kobe or accept him as a leader. I don't feel that anyone does. I wouldn't either. But I do think that they respect Phillip. And I think he's going to lay it down cold by next season. The 2, 3, and 5 are going to be critical. If he can get those three to trust him and to work well in the triangle, then the others will play their respective roles (Phil seems to be a big believer in roles. When Robert missed that 3, he failed at his role-crunch 3 point shooter. Shipped him off to Texas).

The clippers!!? Elton "Brand flakes" and his suspect gaze are not going to raise that squad to anything. And 6-8 is just not enough to cut it at the 4. It's similar to Ray Allen, Ben Gordon, and A.I. Great players, but they lack the additional 2-4 inches that make the difference in elevating AND actually playing to their potential in the paint.

Essentials for a championship squad in this era: At the 2-guard, 6'6" and up. At the 4, 6'10'' and up. If not, you'll get your stats, but you'll never be able to truly and consistantly put your squad on your back when the time of necessity presents itself. Particularly in the playoffs. The only exception, even in the past, was Joey D at 2-guard (6'3"). So, Brand aint got enough to cut it (plus I just don't like the brotha's game :yawn:). Same with Cat Man. Sammy Sam is the best thing they have going for them imo, but he's like ancient. But he's still got it.

Only one thing though about the Kobe situation.....he's not MJ.

As far as Brand goes, his game is pretty flaky sometimes, but he's got a lot of talent around him. I wouldn't want to play the Clippers in a playoff series, no matter what team I'm on. The fact that they are athletic and deep is scary enough. I don't think there are height requirments though, because Steve Nash is not the tallest point guard, but he's the best one. A.I is not Kobe's size, but he scores just as much as he does. Elton Brand is 6'8, but we could also argue that Dirk in Dallas comes up a little short as far as heart and being flakey is concerned...especially last year in the playoffs when Shawn Marion put the cuffs on him. He even allows 6'6 Bruce Bowen to frustrate him, so we can clearly see a position is not dominated by the big guys by any stretch of the imagination. I feel the Clippers are performing pretty good for a team that's juts getting their feet wet in the playoffs and are a threat to any team. Sam is getting old and he takes some pretty bad shots sometimes, but he does have a year or two left. He's just there to raise Shawn Livingston anyways.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back