Black Sports : NBA DRAFT

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by oceolo, Jul 1, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I'm surprised no one else started this thread before me

Who do you think were the winners and losers in this years NBA draft?

WINNERS

I think the Knicks did very well with the selection of Channing Frye and David Lee to strengthen their front court and the aquisitions of Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson will give them one of the best backcourts in the league.

The Grizzlies did well to pick Hakim Warrick who will be very hard for anyone to guard in the NBA.

LOSERS

The Raptors should have their heads examined for picking power forward Charlie Villanueva after picking a power forward in the last two drafts.

The Bucks shouldnt have picked center Andrew Bogut because he will be no better than Brad Miller they could have gotten Marvin Williams who most say will be a superstar.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Honestly I don't watch enough college basketball to know who were the best picks. I'll wait until next season to see who are the best of the rookies.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I still can't wait until every black athlete contributes money together, and then forms their own Basketball League!

CD

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    You're going to be waiting for awhile!

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Big O, I don't know if the Knicks were big winners(the Celtics and the Pacers appear to be the teams who won out big because Danny Grainger and Gerald Green fell so far down after being project in the top 10), but I feel they got themselves a player in Little Nate Robinson... I only saw that guy play one time, and ironically, it was against Channing Frye and Arizona... At 5-foot-8 or 9, this cat was running up and down the floor dunking, and stealing, and just being a general terror for the entire game... He was a teammate of Jamaal Crawford in highschool, and orignally came to Washington to play football as a DB, so he is powerfully built and mad fast... The most intersting quote I heard about him from Isiah was, that if he was a 6-footer, he'd have probably been picked in the top 3 or 4 players... That says a lot about his talent... The guy is going to bring a lot of excitement to the World's Most Famous Arena, I know that...

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    At least you hope so, maybe the Knicks will be able to justify those outrageous ticket prices next season! Who knows they might even make it to the playoffs (just in time to get swept out the 1st round)!

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Well, Pan, you're right, all I can do is hold out hope that the picks will ALL pan out - no pun intended(smile!)

I gotta admit that I don't know what that guy from Chicago - with my name, no less! - is doing(smile!) MaYBE, he's a saboteur, or something?(smile!) Maybe he's on the payroll of the Chicago political machine, sent here to keep the Knicks forever chasing the Bulls ???(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Isaiah "Zeke" Thomas was disowned by Chicago many years ago!

9. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    MY TEAM THE Lakers did pretty good but the Grizzlies got Warrick whos crazy man arms are LOOOOONG! And the knicks are gonna be all good man