Writing Discussion : Navigating the Blogosphere

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Omowale Jabali, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    In 2005 I moved to Texas and started networking with different writers and bloggers I met at the SXSW Festival in Austin. Since then, blogging has become one of my favorite forms of "release". In the process, I have created over 10 blogs, most of which have been neglected, as well as engaging in political blogging on sites such as Daily Kos, Barack Obama.com and Democrats.org

I moved back to California in the fall of 2008 and went on hiatus from blogging with the exception of my main My Space accounts. I ceased blogging on My Space when Rupert Murdoch bought the site and they changed the format.

A few months ago I began the process of copying some of my over 200 authored threads here at Destee.com onto some of my blogger accounts. I now have narrowed my focus to one wordpress blog entitled "Oracle of the Cosmic Journeyman" and a few blogger accounts, the main being the one used in my profile signature.

Over the past two month I have been not only blogging more often but updated my blog features and now I monitor my stats on a consistent basis. It is this last aspect that I want to share some blog specifcs.

My "rootwork" focuses mainly on Black Genealogy and History, and over the last year I have started to share information relating to African spiritual, cultural and religious traditions. What I find really interesting is my "audience". Here is a list of my "traffic" ranked from the top ten hits.

United States, Russia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom, China, Brazil, Slovenia.

Most of these results are from 2008-2011 when I made only 4 blog posts. More recently, my posts are starting to attract a more diverse audience from countries such as Trinidad and Tobago, Nigeria, Gabon and French Guiana.

I initiated a writing workshop a few years ago, which was neglected, and plan to resume that work in the future. In the meantime, I would like to establish a "blog-exchange" network to anyone here who is interested. Its a simple exchange. If you join my blog as a follower, I join your site in exchange. I will also add your site to my "Portal" which will help to increase your hits as well as my own. Increased audience results a greater number of search results. As your traffic increases, and your audience expands, this can also potentially generatead revenue. If you are interested, just follow the link below.

HTP!

2. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Here is a link to my latest blog.

http://khufuafuaabakan.blogspot.com/?m=1

I am in the process of rating and reviewing over 400 books, most of which are related to Afrikan history, culture and spirituality.

I will enclose later a link to my goodreads profile. I will be using this blog as a virtual library and it will be accessible to anyone with an interest in the fore mentioned.

Hetep!

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Thank you for sharing Bro O!
    Even though I don't ever reply to your threads about Kemet and all other Afrikan History...I read a lot of it. And you are one of the brothers who has profound knowledge and wisdom. I really appreciate you sharing with all of us all that you know and keeping us hip to our ancestry.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Thanks sister MsInterpret!

You are not alone. There are a lot of folks who never respond to my threads but they often find a way to track me down on other sites, or by email, to ask me questions, and often my threads are based on those interactions as a firm of "community service". It's the same on FB where folks will share my posts, often without even "liking" my posts. It's all good so long as the message is getting across. I appreciate your feedback, more than you possibly know.

Peace and prosperity to you and yours!

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I forgot to mention that I will also be posting Afrikan history related videos and notes from my research. I have over 20 blogs, 4 Facebook accounts, over 30 twitter accounts and about 9 Instagram accounts with a combined number of over 10,000 friends and followers, but the reach of my audience is constantly expanding. Hopefully, my readership has found some value in my work that you can utilize in your own personal growth and development- in finding the Perfect Power WITHIN You!

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/15638927-omowale-jabali

The following link will provide a quick link to the books I have rated and reviewed. If you have a Goodreads account you can access my profile to check my recommended reading list. My intention is to develop and market my own self published works as well as those of associates within my network.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=omow...PMOK2iwKW4YGwBg&start=10&sa=N&biw=320&bih=417