Black Women : NATURAL/@ HOME CHILDBIRTH... WHO'S DONE IT?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NADIA*BINTA, May 20, 2004.

1. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Peace Family...

i've recently found out that i am pregnant :) & i am seriously considering a natural/@ home childbirth... i was wondering if any of the sistahs in da house have done this... or know anyone who has... if so please share your experience and any wisdom you can offer a young sistah :)...

peace & blessings
    nadia*binta

2. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Wow, what a beautiful thought. I had mine natural but where I live there are no doctors who will go along with that type of setup. I sure wanted to be home though, but the doctor said that complications could put the child at risk. I searched for other doctors, but they all basically said the said thing.

Hope there's someone here who has done this. I think it's a wonderful idea.

~j

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yes

I had planned on having my 1st child natural, but the pain was too much so I opt. for meds. I tried to get brave with my second and try to have her natural and guess what, I had to ask for meds again, but I waited too late and she came. I made it thru...lol. I would tell you about the pain, but once I saw her little beautiful face, I forgot whatever pain did come thru my body. I say go for it. Natural is a great option, but don't feel like your less of a woman if you need some medication. Congats on your new addition..well soon to be mother, I pray a safe birth, a wonderful motherhood and may God Bless.

4. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Congratulations. Having a child is a wondeful thing..... I had my son in a hospital, with drugs. They didn't help much.. still felt his big head come out! LOL. If you opt to have a child at home, depending on where you live, you may want to look into a certified mid-wife instead of an OB.

5. QbanMami

QbanMami Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations on being a mother. You are mother from conception but digress. I had my daughter natural in a birthing room with a midwife and I would not have traded it for the world. My family and friends were there and we brought my baby in to the world rejoicing and singing ( of course I wasn't because I was too busy pushing..haha). I would recommend you to have your child natural. I can't speak for anyone else but the pain wasn't nearly as unbearable as I thought that it would've been and I was in labor for 20 hours. I also taught aerobics and practiced yoga up until 8.5 months but that's just me. It was incredible and unforgettable. Good luck, mami!!