destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I don't believe i've EVER seen a "Natural Black Hair Commercial" on television.

Is it just me, or have yall missed the Natural Black Hair Commercials too?

If you've seen one, please describe it for us, what product were they selling?

Thanks

:heart:

Destee

blackeyes said:
If I am not mistaken there was a Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural commercial with straight-haired girl and a really curly-haired girl. She was suppose to be "natural" but it looked too hard to be natural to me, like permed hair all curled up.

BlackEyes ... thanks for responding ... and welcome to the Family, as i think this is the first time we've spoke ... :wave:

You bring up another interesting thing i've noticed in these commercials. The Black Women with supposedly natural hair ... don't hardly really look Black at all! I've viewed some commercials seriously wondering, what is she?! Real light skinned, with sorta kinda curly (i guess it's spoze to be nappy) hair. Yep, i'm with you on that.

In addition, as you mentioned, the "sorta kinda natural hair model" is always flanked by a white woman with long flowing tresses ... further bombarding our minds with images of them, even while we're suppose to be looking at us!

But i'm talking pure-d nappy hair! Where are those commercials?! Do we simply not exist?

Destee

I saw a commercial recently, that had a Sister in it with her own natural hair. It was a commercial that made it clear, she was Black, with tightly coiled hair. I was so surprised and impressed. Even though they weren't selling hair care products, i was pleased to see that Sister representing!

It was a commercial for Rent-a-Center.

Big Ups Rent-a-Center!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back