Black Entertainment : #NatTurner: 'Birth of a Nation' is more than just a film

I could give 2 s--ts about what so-called snoop dog and others like him have to say esp. when they have done nothing but pimped and exploited their own people. Man you want to talk about hypocrisy. Let them pool their resources together and put something out there that serves to uplift our people other than bs rap that undercuts the progress of African people and continues to perpetuate the negative stigma. This film will educate people about the African slaves who revolted against slavery and white imperialism, something which white history has failed to illuminate.
I was just thinking...has anyone thought about protesting these rappers? I wonder if Snoop has read anything about slavery. Couldnt have articulated his irony any better.

Tru dat! Some negroes don't even learn from their own personal experiences. O.J. Simpson went out and found another one, who looked just like the one he was accused of killing!!!! It's a mess I tell you.

Yes Sir, say that again, will ya. :facepalm: When you can't or don't learn from your own mistakes, its doom for the group.

Snoop Dog has too much clout to be as ignorant as he is.

:facepalm:

NATE PARKER ON ADDITIONAL CRITICISM OF HIS INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE: “I LOVE MY WIFE BUT I LOVE YA’LL, TOO”

For the past few weeks, Nate Parker has been fielding questions from people about the rape charge he obtained while a student at Penn State in 1999, but was later acquitted of. As more information from that case came out, including transcripts from a conversation Parker had with the accuser, as well as reports that Parker and co-defendant and friend Jean Celestin harassed her and showed her picture to students around campus, people’s view on the actor/writer/director shifted greatly. It’s raised questions for many of whether or not they would feel comfortable enough to see The Birth of a Nation, which does have a rape scene in it, and if they would be able to separate Parker’s transgressions from a film about Nat Turner.

http://madamenoire.com/715439/nate-parker-wife/?ref=yfp

Nate-Parker-PF.jpe

Andres Otero / WENN

'The Birth of a Nation' Actress Gabrielle Union Says Nate Parker Controversy Has Caused "Stomach-Churning Confusion"

Actress Gabrielle Union, who plays a silent woman who was raped in Nate Parker's The Birth of a Nation, has written an op-ed for the Los Angeles Times revealing her "stomach-churning confusion" as she learned that Parker was accused and acquitted of rape.

The actress was herself raped at gunpoint at age 19, in the back room of the Payless shoe store where she was working, leading her to become an advocate for sexual-assault victims. She says this experience, "a stain that is finely etched into [her] own history," continues to affect her on a core level ...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/birth-nation-actress-gabrielle-union-says-nate-parker-141407450.html

gabrielle_union.jpg

Actress Gabrielle Union

:facepalm: ... its always sumpt'n

For Nate Parker and ‘Birth of a Nation,’ separating artist from the art may be impossible

... Similarly, Susan Koch, executive director of the Middleburg Film Festival, is still hoping that she’ll be able to show the film, even a few weeks after it opens. “We thought it would be a good film to have a dialogue around,” she explained. “We would position it as a Sunday afternoon film with dialogue — not a dialogue about [Parker], but about the story” ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...f15232-705a-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.html

image-73a114c2-7462-4fe7-960b-6d39b770b6a8.jpg

Nate Parker as Nat Turner, leader of the 1831 slave rebellion, in “The Birth of a Nation.” (Fox Searchlight Pictures)

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back