Black People : NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVE MASTERS?

Hey blackbird,

What do you know about the Creed native americans (not cree) and possible matrilineal contact/spirituality? My matrilineal line goes back to a native american woman.

The only other people I know with a name similiar to Cree are the Creeks or the Mvskoke. They inhabited the Southern states of Georgia, Alabama, parts of South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida. They were in essence a Confederacy of various groups that joined together based on common heritage, language, regional residence, and religious and social customs. They were a formidable bunch, able to hold their own against regional rivals such as the Catawba, Cherokee, Chickasaw, and Choctaw.

The famous Red Sticks were a faction of them and it is noted that the Red Sticks were the only ones supporting of the Pan-Indian Confederacy that Tekamwthē the Shaawanwaki (Tecumseh the Shawnee) was trying to put together. They actually rose in revolt in 1813 against the pro-American segment of Creeks in a civil war and went on to harass the Americans culminating in the Creek massacre of Fort Mims near Mobile, Alabama on August 30, 1813. The Red Sticks slaughtered 250 white folks. They were eventually humbled by Andrew Jackson with aid of the Cherokees and Pro-American Creeks at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend on March 27, 1814 on the Tallapoosa River in Alabama.

The Creek were definitely matrilineal and have a very strong spiritual belief system. They are believed to be the descendants of the Mississipian mound builder culture, which includes the expansive mounds at Cahokia, Illinois. They were an agricultural people, holding an annual ceremony called the Green Busk ceremony, in celebration of the harvest and community unity. It was similiar to Kwanzaa. You have a strong heritage. My paternal folks rode horses and ate mostly meat, go figure...

Blackbird

CHAOS

MY FATHER ANCESTRY IS CHOCTAW FROM MISSISSIPPI, BEFORE MY GRANDMOTHER DIED I WOULD ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT HISTORY AND SUCH, BUT SHE SAID THAT THE CHOCTAW AND THE AFRICANS WAS BOTH ENSLAVED BECAUSE BOTH GROUPS LOOK THE SAME AND YOU COULD ONLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE ONLY BY LANAUAGE. SHE SAID THEY SHIP THE CHOCTAW AND OTHER DARK PEOPLE OF TRIBES HERE IN AMERICA TO OTHER PARTS OF THE COAST AND THEN TELL THE PEOPLE YOU WAS FROM AFRICA TO CONFUSE THE PEOPLE.

LOL!

Not funny but this is so TRUE it made me laugh.

Why? Because my Mom's family (her Maternal line) was frm Nesoba, Mississippi, namely Phiadelpha was was the 'capital' of the Creek nation

In fact, awhile back I posted a thread with a theory that the Missippi Delta was like a parallel 'universe' to the Nile Delta.

Why? Because them 'native' were 'moundbuilders...similar to those 'mounds' the white man calls pyramids in Nubia and Cush.

The 'blues'? Look deeper and thats from east 'african' witchcraft and ritual music. lol! But one gotta do some deep rootwork to find this.

This is the SAME famly line that I once told brother Blackbird goes back to South Carolina. Dead giveaway. 'Creek' was basically another name for 'Geechie'. Them 'Gullah' island folks.

Just like their kinfolk the 'Seminole'. Rather say the 'Maroons' which means what? Think about it. Ain't 'America' to us kinda like a big deserted island? At least thats what Chris Columbo thought.

On the topic, no one should be surprised because them groups was known as the 'Five Civilized Tribes' for a reason. The Cherokee and Chicasaw were mostly mercenaries and soldiers of fortune. Some worked for the French. Some for the Spanish. Some for the English speaking British or American occupying armies.

Creek, Choctaw and 'Seminole' had a longer history of resistence to european colonization and many of these three inter-married. It was like cousins marrying with cousins and keeping it within the 'clan'.

Ever heard of the 'Panther Clan'?

Ani'sashoni

One of my mother's great uncle's was named William Stribling. The Stribling's were well known in Tennessee and Mississippi. They was all mixed up. Well, Uncle Will was known as 'Wild Cat'. Not the same chief by that name but he was named after him.

A few months ago I also spoke of my 'Akan name' as Kwaku Baako. Ths is a spin of the Muskogee 'Kowake' (Koh-wah-kee).

Well, the Creek, Choctaw and Seminole refer communally as the Muskogee. They stretched from Florda to the Rio Grand Valley to Vera Cruz, Mexico. Some were slave owners. Even more were liberation fighters who battled against all the occupying Euopean and settler regimes. Undoubtedly, the Panther Clan originated within the Cherokee, but that was the earlir band in North Carolina and Tennessee. Things started to change when they migrated to Georgia and came into contact with the kinfolk in the Low Country. Some of the 'Muskogee' are also referred to as 'Miccosuke'.

Something here to recognze is how marriage wa not permitted within 'clans' but slavery and miscegenation with the Europeans broke down these traditional rules and in effect yt bacame the hereditary 'chief' through userpation.

Since one of my families (from Alabama/Oklahoma/Texas) is from the ROSS clan, of the Cherokee, the story of John Ross is a prime example. That's why some many Cherokee today clim to be of 'Scot-Irish' descent. Which is also why they recently denied citizenship rigths to Cherokee Freedmen.

Trying to deny the Root in favor of one branch.

CHAOS

THE LOCALS SAID THEY WAS JUST YOUR BASIC CASTLE THAT HAD A DUNGEON.WHEN WE WENT TO ELMINA AS ONE OF THE MAIN AKAN SHRINES IS THERE AS I WAS IN AKAN SPIRITUALITY, THE PEOPLE IN THE VILLAGE AND THE LOCALS WAS ADAMANT THAT IT WAS NOT A SLAVE HOUSE.

Lol!

Back to the Akan!

Ok. So Im now back in Texas trying to dig out that book entitled 'African Heritage of the Akan' (while also getting a break from you know where). Another one which has disappeared. It sems like my Muskogee, Akan and Yoruba Ancestors are playing tricks on me. Or maybe they are warring with each other. I keep getting led one way, then anotherand seeing pieces of this puzzle then they vanish and give me another impression.

(At least I did restore my PC a few minutes ago:wave::wave:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back