Black People : NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVE MASTERS?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    On a very recent episode of the PBS Series titled "African American Lives 2" a program that traces the roots of prominent Black celebrities, Actor Don Cheadle
    found out that his ancestors were enslaved by "The Chicksaw Nation" a sovereign group of native Americans.

This information brings up a very interesting and significant question. How many of our Ancestors had "native American" slave masters?

2. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Peace and Blessings

WOW............I been saying it all along..........Every other race has been going along with this slavery thing and the modern day genocide of my people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I honestly believe that we should get back to black...date your own kind, marry your own kind...all this interacial stuff is doing is giving our people a false assumption that things is getting better!!!....and in the meantime...we are still getting F!!!

Indians...needs to give it up too...

All these years and we still wondering where is our reperations...while some blacks who dont have a clue... says we should not get paid....WELL I say If you dont want reperations good that means more for the ones who do believe that we should get it.

Lets start to take a list of all the people who say we dont need or deserve to get reperations.....and when we do get ready to recieve it(cuz we will just watch) they can be excluded! .....Again that means more for us!!!

With yall high mighty tails....................I wonder out of all the blacks who believe that we should not get reperations....I wonder how many of them and their great great great grandparents were slave or decendants of slaves here in the Amerikkka!!!!!

anywheew..............great post

3. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    That kind of hurts....

Who would have guessed? Wow... thats all I can say.

4. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    I don't know. Looking at the evidence if there were some non-white people who were called "native americans", whatever that means, who helped the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) enslave large numbers of other non-white people...so what? They ain't enslaving any non-white people now because the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) were just using them to get done what the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) wanted to get done at the time.

The white people who practice racism (white supremacy) used non-white people against each other...black people...on the plantation. THEY used black people to watch and control other black people. Just used and misused and abused non-white people to no end. And still doing it because...

...what's being done in this conversation? Non-white people still talking about each other. And who benefits? The white people who practice racism (white supremacy).

If we are going to point out something that the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) do against us don't start by just talking about the effect of what THEY do has on us. The so-called "native americans" were being subjected to the power of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) too. We act like we don't understand "what's happening"...which is probably why we keep asking each other that question.

The strategy of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) is, and has always been, to keep non-white people focused on and in conflict with each other.

The effect of that is you can have some non-white people who are called "native americans" who can have other non-white people who are called "africans" as slaves when they are all subject to the power of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy). The effect of that is you can have some non-white people who are called "bloods" who can be in total conflict with other non-white people who are called "crips" when they are all subject to the power of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy). The effect of that is you can have some non-white people who are called "hutus" who can be in total conflict with other non-white people who are called "tutsis" when they are all subject to the power of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy).

You can even have some non-white people who are called "black people" or "african people" or "african american people" who can be in total conflict with other non-white people who are called "native americans" when they are all subject to the power of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy).

Now, how do you get out of that situation? Easy. And you may need an Easy Button for this one.

Minimize conflict by minimizing contact. This simply means don't go around other non-white people unless you have something constructive to say and/or do. It also means don't even talk about other non-white people or don't even talk to other non-white people unless you are helping someone to solve a problem or they are helping you to solve a problem. And it is extremely important to solve problems without producing more problems.

Now if we can't follow that simple logic to find our way out of this mess we all might as well pick up a whip and some chains and attempt to enslave each other because it will be the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) who will benefit from our behavior anyway because we will not be doing anything against THEM.

5. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    has a superiority complex participates in "white supremecy"..

just because u don't control it doesn't mean that you are not a victim of it .. and many times without even realizing it....

look at the whole picture...

men wanna control....... EVERYTHING....

people sell their own people out.... some of us been sold out before we were even born....

so if u getting used as a vassal for "white supremecy" then ingnorance (not knowing is the problem)

Indians were murdered and massacred after they taught their secrets..

in Lil Rhody were I live.. and in New Orleans as well...

there is only one race that wants complete supremecy, and they don't care who they use or who dies to get it........ even their own and that's sad and pathetic......

I agree that we should be all about us.....

I mean we have black people who could care less about what happens to us as a whole so long as they are comfortable .........

6. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    And they will always exist because the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) play the odds. They are shrewed business people. They don't mind of some non-white people on Destee.com are talking about replacing the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice if they can guarantee that the greater number of non-white people seek comfort instead of seek justice.

All businesses are run this way. As long as there is a profit there is the understanding that you are going to have some losses. The idea is to have more profits than losses but you're gonna have some losses. Even when people go into battle you understand that there is the possibility you may not come back. In other words, even the business of war operates on the same business principles.

So the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) understand that there are going to be more and more non-white people seeking justice but if they can keep the greater number of them focused on the immediate (food/clothing/shelter) and the next largest number of them seeking comfort they can put up with the rising number of non-white people seeking justice. This is how the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) is run today.

7. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Native Americans and Slavery in the Southeastern United States
    http://www.slaveryinamerica.org/history/hs_es_indians_slavery.htm
    From 1750 to the American Civil War in 1861, Native Americans, especially those in the Southeast, interacted with enslaved blacks in every way possible, although there is no evidence that blacks ever owned Indian slaves. The nature of this interaction depended upon the historical character of the Indian groups, the enslaved people in their midst, and the white slaveholders. Native Americans assisted runaway slaves and also tracked them down and returned them to slavery. They married free and enslaved blacks, and accepted the children of such unions with few strings attached. They also sold blacks to whites, trading them like so many blankets or horses. Most importantly, many Indians owned black slaves. By 1824, it is estimated that the Cherokee owned 1,277 black slaves; the Choctaw and the Chickasaw held over 5,000 blacks in slavery by 1860. Some mixed-blood Indians, such as the Choctaw chief Greenwood Lefore and the Cherokee chief John Ross, owned between 100 and 400 enslaved blacks respectively. And when the southeastern Indians were forcefully marched west to present-day Oklahoma by the American government in the infamous "Trail of Tears" in the 1830s and 1840s, as many as 15,000 enslaved blacks were taken with them.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    More info on the subject....

Here is another piece of information to consider. Could the Native Americans who enslaved Blacks distinguish us from Europeans? Did they simply see Africans as Europeans that they could own and dominate in hopes to cease total power from white Europeans?

It is important to note at this point that according to most researchers and observers, the concept of racism as an identifying component in interaction did not exist among the traditional nations of the early Americas. William McLoughlin has stressed the importance of clan relationships and the larger national identities of Native Americans; race was not considered a critical element in perception or hostility. [14] In her pivotal work Slavery and the Evolution of Cherokee Society 1540-1866, Theda Perdue sums up the research in stating that the Cherokee regarded Africans “simply as other human beings” [for] “since the concept of race did not exist among Indians and since the Cherokees nearly always encountered Africans in the company of Europeans, one supposes that the Cherokees equated the two and failed to distinguish sharply between the races.” [15] Kenneth Wiggins Porter, an African American historian, concurs: [we have] “no evidence that the northern Indian made any distinction between Negro and white on the basis of skin color, at least, not in the early period and when uninfluenced by white settlers.”

The key would be to find out just when did Native Americans gain the opportunity to own African slaves to being with.

In addition, there were splits among the various nations according to the level of assimilation to white culture and intermarriage between Europeans and the peoples of the First Nations. Within the so-called Five Civilized Tribes, nations such as the Choctaw, Chickasaw, and especially the Cherokee intermarried with the white missionaries, government agents, and local settlers while the Muscogean people of the deep south did not. A joke developed among the Southeastern nations which highlighted this aspect of Southern society: “A Creek said to a Cherokee... ‘You Cherokees are so mixed with whites we cannot tell you from the whites.’ The Cherokee... replied: ‘You Creeks are so mixed with the Negroes we cannot tell you from the Negroes.’ ”

It possible that the Chickasaw, while being called "native americans" for the context of history did in fact become mixed with Whites and it was during that period the opportunity for them to own slaves became possible?

A “close neighborly feeling” [54] existed between the peoples of the “Five Civilized Tribes” and the Africans within their Nations. Even as slave owners, the Native Americans were particularly noted for their kindness and refusal to implement even their own national laws with respect to slavery. [55] According to one Southern visitor to the Indian nation, “The Indian masters treated their slaves with great liberality and upon terms approaching perfect equality, with the exception that the owner of the slave generally does more work than the slave himself.” [56] The slaves themselves noted the differences:

We all live around on them little farms, and we didn’t have to be under any overseer like the Cherokee Negroes had lots of times. We didn’t have to work if there wasn’t no work to do... Old Chief treated all the Negroes like they was just hired hands, and I was a big girl before I knowed very much about belonging to him. [57]

This link is a very good read for more information on the topic.

Beneath the Underdog:
    Race, Religion, and the Trail of Tears

By Patrick Minges

http://www.us-data.org/us/minges/underdog.html

9. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

MY FATHER ANCESTRY IS CHOCTAW FROM MISSISSIPPI, BEFORE MY GRANDMOTHER DIED I WOULD ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT HISTORY AND SUCH, BUT SHE SAID THAT THE CHOCTAW AND THE AFRICANS WAS BOTH ENSLAVED BECAUSE BOTH GROUPS LOOK THE SAME AND YOU COULD ONLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE ONLY BY LANAUAGE. SHE SAID THEY SHIP THE CHOCTAW AND OTHER DARK PEOPLE OF TRIBES HERE IN AMERICA TO OTHER PARTS OF THE COAST AND THEN TELL THE PEOPLE YOU WAS FROM AFRICA TO CONFUSE THE PEOPLE.

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Darkside you are so right. I heard a Brotha teaching on that very recently, I can't recall his name but I'll try to find more info on that. I mean that idea goes way beyond just having "Indian in your family" at that point- you ARE the Indian in your family- meaning that black tribes who were originally here before Whites were clumped together and being called Indians too in one regard and Africans in another. This practice is still done, especially considering Africans in America have also lost a distinction between European whites and light skinned people who answer to the "white" classification.

But I get the feeling most of our people don't like hearing what our Black Moorish Scholars have to say on that subject. While Mother Africa is the cradle of civilization we must consider also that because we come from that cradle we have dominated this planet for some time. And if there are black tribes that insist that America was theirs before the White race came along and snatched it that is not at all far fetched because if the natives made it there, why couldn't we? We were navigating the seas way before Columbus.

The truth continues to repeat itself throughout history for those who wish to see it. Whites have been stealing land and property from our people using deceptive means for centuries. Today we call that gentrification.