Nationbuilding

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by We, Jan 2, 2005.

1. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    Nationbuilding- the conscious and focused application of our people's collective resources, energies, and knowledge to the task of liberating and developing the psychic and physical space that we identify as ours.

Nationbuilding involves the development of behaviors, values, languages, institutions, and physical structures that elucidate our history and culture, concretize and protect the present and insure the future identity and independence of the nation. Nationbuilding is the deliberate, keenly directed and focused, and energetic projection of the national culture, and the collective identity.

-Kwame Agyei Akoto
    Nationbuilding: Theory & Practice in Afrikan Center Education. Washingtion, D.C.: Pan Afrikan World Institute, 1992, p.3

Peace,
    Lazarus
    Come out of her, my people!

The Sons Of The Diaspora

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Nationbuilding- the conscious and focused application of our people's collective resources, energies, and knowledge to the task of liberating and developing the psychic and physical space that we identify as ours.

So true. One has to make the conscious effort needed to change things. Collective efforts are key. But one must know and we have forgotten the collection isn't always in a monetary fashion. Here are some creative and collective resources I feel are not undertaken.

We can come together in planting trees, so our neighborhoods can get the benefit again of clean air.

Also if you want to build character into a man, you have him touch the soil. Blacks and Native Americans are so rich in insight because we are the only two beings in this nation of foreigners that have touched the soil of this country for hundreds of years. We need to get back ( get our hands into our ancestor’s sprit - if you ever planted roses or started a flower garden you know what I am speaking of. The lift to the sprit ) by at least planting some trees.

We can clean up the streets and demand the trucks come thru and pick up the trash. Like they supposed to do.

One or two of us can come into a place and begin to move the world. Depending on the collaborations and the dreams we unfurl.

Using our base unlike we never have. The church to build new ideas, and ways to make a difference. They are our only spokes persons that are allowed into the media, so we have to use them by bringing all we are and will ever become thru them. Demanding change and getting change. Dr. Martin Luther did it thru the church and it shocked and changed a nation.

Always check the hypocrite. Take to him and face him with his beliefs.

If the Red States have the Christianity they claim. :spinstar: They will not be able to stop or deny the hand and works of the lord. :spinstar:

3. ASHANTA

ASHANTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    This brings tears to my eyes; the knowledge of my brothers, who have so much to offer too the world, it reminds me of our ancestors, who have come and gone. There are many words of wisdom; I salute you my brother, it is sad when we as a people refuse to acknowledge; the positive information, that we can grow strong in love, it is not because; the information is not available, the words of laws, has been written, and the knowledge is powerful, if every brother would go into his community, and educate his people, we will have open the doors of wisdom, during the days of our ancestors we had to hide behind the doors, and speak in silence.

Remebering our brothers; how they made information, available in the 60's far beyond my young brothers time, it is sad because our young brothers seek for knowledge, we had the 10000 man march, when our brothers came as one, we have associations; where our brothers work hard for change, the reasons sometimes of our dismay as a people, is because positive brothers feel what is a revolution, if there is no followers, we can write about it, behind close doors, but it is not enforce, strong minds make strong nations.

4. We

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    "African people need to stop shouting 'nationtime' until they are clear about the responsibilities of running a nation."
    Dr. John Henrik Clarke

5. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Excellent post.

6. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    In order to build a successful nation as black people.....we need to shed these old skins.

We must develop a NEW universal identity and a NEW progressive culture.

These are things most black people aren't willing to do because too many of us are spoiled and satisfied in this system.

7. We

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    "Destroy families and you destroy the nation; build strong families and you build a strong nation."

-Ashanti proverb

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

"We must develop a NEW universal identity and a NEW progressive culture."

I agree.

Starting with shedding our skins of various "Religions".

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Strong Respectable conscious mindz bring forth a stronger nation
    within the nation is knowing thy roots of growth to make that change
    in such universe that one will renowed to a new progressive identity
    as a people .

Brotherhooding / sisterhooding / mating building a conscious family
    with deep morals and respect will change thy nation no matter of belief
    standing together in one voice is power that will progressively change
    the structure of our cultureuniversal that will bring forth it's own identity.

Great words of wisdom is within us forth our mindz are the key to learn
    understand and go set forth to build a nation never known to mankind.