Black Positive People : National Black United Front (NBUF) School on Saturday

There isn't one where I live either, which really doesn't surprise me because where I live is predominately white. You're right, I'm surprised that there isn't one in Atlanta, though. When I retire, I don't want to work another 40 hours a week, I want some "play" time, but I also don't want to just sit at home. I want to do something constructive with my time in a secular way.

The staff at the WEB DuBOIS were all volunteers.
Parents volunteered, teachers, engineers, ets. Everyone welcome.
I don’t think the BUF would mind if there were schools every Saturday in every city.
Tutoring for high school and college students are available throughout the week.
Other tutoring programs I’ve worked with have not been as rewarding. For them tutoring is helping students with their homework. I can see the problems the Learning Center addressed. Students being passed grade to grade not knowing what they should.
It’s frustrating because WEB DuBois Learning Center gave every student the same test in math and other subjects.
Wherever the students shows problems, that’s where their tutoring will start.
You have 6 graders who don’t know their multiplication tables, and in class he/she are doing integers. The student is completely unable to work at grade level.
And the teachers know.
We have to train our own.
While I was volunteering at the Learning Center, I was employed with a community Center. My employer allowed me to start a satellite center.
I follow the WEB DuBois Learning Center on FB.
:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back