Black People : National Agenda For Black Americans?

happy69

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 3, 2002
It seems that we have the same arguments over and over, here at Destee.Com and some other websites. We all know the problems we face; whether they are of our own making, or problems that have been created for us. I think that the majority understand the problems at hand; but in our ceaseless espousing of them- we seem to not have one idea of how to overcome them. I don't know what it will take for us to overcome as a Black American people. There are many wiser than I can ever comprehend who are having a problem in reaching us-- for whatever reason. It is crystal clear that we are not an illiterate people; and that we can and do express ourselves quite well-- so what is the problem? Many of us when "pushed" say that we have no agenda; or that we don't come together; or that we don't love (and I have probably said each and all of them at one time or another); and they all boil down to the same thing.... so, let us begin here... What is it that we want? What is it that we need? Why have you concluded this (just the facts please)? And What/ How do you propose we solve the problem(s) for us to get what we want/need?

Happy69's Black American Agenda

1. We have to assess exactly who we are as Black Americans.

This because I don't think that most of us understand exactly who we are. I have no problem with being seen as Black first-- in fact I love it. To be Black is to me to be strong, creative, loving and empathetic. To be Black to me is to have to be lied about/on because I have overcome all the walls that have been placed in my path--- and to lie about me/ on me--- is the only effective tool you have... and that in and of itself is a weakness tool, and let's me know just how pathetic you truly are... to have to say this mantra day in and day out to yourself... to try and feel whole.

2. We have to know our history.

We cannot sit and wait for the schools to teach it; or think that by teaching it, it will foster understanding... love? Just like Hate---Love and Understanding are matters of the heart. These things cannot be taught... there has to be something inside of each and everyone of us to accept what is given it.

3. We cannot become our Enemies.

We have to face it. As much as things have changed in our own birth country.... some things have not. I think that most of us recognize the blatant and even subtle racisms that we face each and everyday. I think that most of us know and understand the hypocrisy of our country towards us. But, we cannot become like them--- I think that the one thing that kept God, keeping us so long is that we were not like our enemies; we did not let ourselves and our humanity become like that of the snake....

Have we become them? Yes and No.

a. in observing the much touted/ and 6hr. coverage of the "Reparations Rally" (for example); The KKK are more laughable to me than scary; and I have no qualms understanding that these illiterate, alienated, persons who have been given every opportunity in life, based solely on pigmentation and capacity to carry around baseless/stupid hatreds are funded by people who we see each and everyday, people that we probably work for; people who some of us may even be sleeping with, etc...
and probably people who are not just White and Americans...
AND THE "RR" REMINDED ME OF THEM-- AND I LEFT AWAY FROM SIX HOURS OF C-SPAN FEELING EMPTY AND EVEN MORE OBJECTIONABLE TO THE IDEA--- not because it is not founded on righteousness and reality, but because they made it about hating, and therefore to me, made it seem stupid...

b. having serial killers amongst us is not a good thing (yeah, we can argue and say that they have probably already been there, yes, and we didn't here about them because White's actually thought that there were even some crimes that we were too dumb to commit-- and still do)

c. to blame Whites for everything bad that happens to us is as stupid as them blaming us for everything bad that happens to them--- and we do and they do...
there are some of us who blame Whites because other groups search out their love by hating us... how can you think that? why isn't the hatreds of others towards us because they are hateful and evil? I have a Haitian friend who I am very close with, and once we were arguing, I was telling her that I didn't expect her to either understand or empathize with my plight as a Black American; and we went back/forth and then she said to me that she remembered how when she was young, and the whites in the military stationed there had told them that Black Americans had tails, were lazy and all on welfare... and she couldn't understand why that didn't make me angry, but in fact made me laugh; and how I said, "You Haitians must be the dumbest, most gullible, ignorant and racist people on God's great earth!"
After we fought for months over that one; because it is really love I have for her and her whole family- they are good people- even though if her father a very well educated man... ended his days scrubbing floors in the USA-- because if he ever had stepped foot in Haiti he would've been killed... It is not the fault of Whites that they believed such.... why blame them?

4. Our inability (in general) to acquiesence-- is counted on, but should be focused just on us.

There is no group here that do not willingly bow down to Whites in this country. For some it is a survival technique and just a facade that they do not feel ashamed of putting on display; and then only in darkness are they strong/ virile people (thought I was going to say men, huh, nope women included here)-- before and after they kill themselves-- with drink or stress and kill their families in their wake--- you know what I am saying here... and yes, there are Blacks who fit into this catagory too. But in general, you will not find the whole community abide by this kind of thing--- the main reason we are villified and envied...
a. if not so then why when anyone wants something in this country they turn to us?
White Women--- "Women's movement/ equal rights"
Religious Right (KKK)--- in the late 80's and the 90's they actively recruited black men--- mainly to be the mouthpiece to demonize themselves
And Minority Groups--- when they are getting it in the butt and not minority groups too...
(example: Arabs in America; yeah, them, the ones who partitioned to become White in America--- (something my N.African Arab friend laughs at); the same Arabs who set up shop in our communities, and have no problem with killing us, hating us, and perpetuating stereotypes that degrade us (cabs)... yet, the Black Panthers had the gall to march with them... get on stage and villify America with them???) You tell me what that is about?

5. Educational Equality
nothing is wrong with charter schools; we have enough teachers who do want to teach our kids; parent's have to be responsible too.... and this is not just Blacks

6. Save our Educational Institutions--- We are 34 million strong-- yet we can kill ourselves buying bad foods or cigarettes, even drugs in Achmed's or Chong's store--- but we cannot take a dollar and send it into a general fund so that these institutions thrive? If we all sent in $1/month for a year--- (and Parent's cover the buck for their children) that is $ 34,000,000 a month... divided by need, each month to our institutions... or better yet, take a percentage of each month's loot--- say 50% and put it in an educational fund for our kids to help in the reparing of neighborhood schools... or buiding schools, and that way we can begin having real input in who gets hired/fired and who we intrust our kids to...

7. Recognize the monetary opportunities in the Black community-everybody else does.... provide good, valuable services and we will buy-- we always do... Again, this can be obtained easily too, if we decide to follow a plan like in 6

(okay, this is the start of my list--- your turn, we talk about having an agenda-- we have to start somewhere.... what are your ideas?)

Happy69, thanks for starting this thread. I think this is a great way to pull concepts together that are solution driven and not just problem driven. Who knows, this might develop into a working document that can be used to build an agenda.

I'm currently on vacation and don't have time to respond in great detail, but I will when I return home in a few days. In the meantime, keep the discussion flowing.

Peace sister :heart:

Hello Anaksanamun

( ALONEWOLF )

I'm here because of you. Thanks for introducing me to the site.

============

Happy I like what you wrote. I'm printing it out. I believe we can achieve the things you stated. Touched by an angel, I have information. Tools. In every fashion you mentioned.

Here is sample of the what we need and can start with. Money :
Listed below is over $56,000,000 million dollars in grant money.
What we have to do is apply. Establish a (501c) non-profit organization. Composed of members here. If every member gives $4.00 dollars. we would have $10,000. With that $10,000 we have the grant group draft our proposal. It might not cost that much. but it ranges from $2,000 to $10,000 depending on complexity.

That grant is a cookie cutter. we change the cover letter. Business plan etc. All from the model, and apply for the $53,000,000. PLU's dollars thathave been sitting and comming across my lap since 2000. It came out the blue. So has all of the other information for every program Happy69 wrote. I know programs where they give us the COMPUTERS. There are tech grants that we can apply for to establish Tech Centers across the U.S.A. we all are in every city across this land. So no problem. Work within your city. As a cell, As a whole. Each grant has a dead line. The longer we wait the passing of the money.... well I have been studying OVER three years for this day. I could never find the group. The support. The help to raise the $10,000. I do have $5.00 on it.

================

Help Train Individuals With Disabilities!
Working for Freedom, Opportunity and Real Choice Through Community Employment (WorkFORCE)
POSTED: 6/8/03
FUNDING SOURCE: Dept. of Labor
ELIGIBILITY: Nonprofit and public agencies
$ AVAILABLE: $2,500,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 6
MAX GRANT SIZE: $625,000
DEADLINE: 7/14/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Cassandra Willis, 202-693-4570
DESCRIPTION: Grants to improve employment opportunities that allow individuals with disabilities to become or remain self-sufficient.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 5/29/03

Help Individuals with Disabilities Become Employed!
Customized Employment Grants
ELIGIBILITY: Local Workforce Investment Boards
$ AVAILABLE: $2,500,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 5
MAX GRANT SIZE: $750,000
DEADLINE: 7/21/03
DESCRIPTION: Funding for training projects that will improve employment and career advancements for individuals with disabilities though customized employment services.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/6/03

Increase Parental Knowledge!
Parental Information and Resource Centers Program
FUNDING SOURCE: Dept. of Education
$ AVAILABLE: $20,500,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 40
MAX GRANT SIZE: $700,000
DEADLINE: 7/18/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Patricia Kilby-Robb, 202-260-2225
DESCRIPTION: Grants to assist the parents of children who attend schools identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring under Title I.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/3/03

Empower Young People!
Youth Innovation Fund for Youth-Directed Civic Action
FUNDING SOURCE: Kellogg Foundation
ELIGIBILITY: Nonprofits
$ AVAILABLE: $5,000,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 8
MAX GRANT SIZE: $200,000
DEADLINE: 6/13/03 (Phase 1)
CONTACT INFORMATION: http://www.service-learningpartnership.org/
DESCRIPTION: Grants to investigate and learn about the problems, assets, and power structures of their own community; service-learning; and youth philanthropy
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: Not published in Fed. Reg.

Create More Technology Opportunities!
Community Technology Centers Program
$ AVAILABLE: $24,318,750
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: N.A.
MAX GRANT SIZE: $500,000
DEADLINE: 6/3/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Gisela Harkin, 202-205-4238
DESCRIPTION: Funds to create or expand community technology centers that will provide disadvantaged residents of economically distressed urban and rural communities with access to information technology and related training.

Family Support Grants!
Family Support Model Demonstration Projects
FUNDING SOURCE: ACF
ELIGIBILITY: Public agencies and nonprofits
$ AVAILABLE: $1,500,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 14
MAX GRANT SIZE: $200,000
DEADLINE: 8/4/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lois Hodge, 202-401-2344
DESCRIPTION: Grants to create or expand systems of change for families of children with disabilities.

Impart Life Skills to Prisoners!
Life Skills for State and Local Prisoners Program
ELIGIBILITY: Correctional agencies
$ AVAILABLE: $4,750,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 12
MAX GRANT SIZE: $475,000
DEADLINE: 7/14/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Carlette Huntley, 202-260-7272
DESCRIPTION: Grants to establish and operate programs designed to reduce recidivism through the development and improvement of life skills necessary for reintegration of adult prisoners into society.

Another Tech Grant here. Grants to create or expand community technology centers that will provide disadvantaged residents of economically distressed urban and rural communities with access to information technology and related training.
=====================

Grants for Nontraditional Occupations for Women!
Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (WANTO)
POSTED: 6/21/03
ELIGIBILITY: Employers and labor unions
$ AVAILABLE: N.A.
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 10
MAX GRANT SIZE: $100,000
DEADLINE: 8/11/03
DESCRIPTION: Funding to assist employers and labor unions in placing women in nontraditional occupations.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/18/03

Research Adolescent Behavior!
Adolescent Family Life Research Grants
FUNDING SOURCE: DHHS
$ AVAILABLE: $750,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 4
MAX GRANT SIZE: $250,000
DEADLINE: 7/22/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Eugenia Eckard, 301-594-4001
DESCRIPTION: Grants for applied research related to adolescent sexual relations, pregnancy, and parenthood with the ultimate aim of reducing risky behaviors.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/20/03

Increase Independent Living
Centers for Independent Living
$ AVAILABLE: $1,871,862
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 18
MAX GRANT SIZE: $250,000
DEADLINE: 7/21/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: James Billy, 202-205-9362
DESCRIPTION: Support for planning, conducting, administering, and evaluating centers for independent living.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/20/03

Mentor Youth With Disabilities!
Mentoring Youth With Disabilities
$ AVAILABLE: $450,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 4
MAX GRANT SIZE: $150,000
DEADLINE: 7/28/03
DESCRIPTION: Grants to establish, implement, or support a mentoring program for youth with disabilities between the ages of 16 and 24.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/15/03

Create Technology Centers!
Community Technology Centers Program
ELIGIBILITY: LEAS and Nonprofits
$ AVAILABLE: $24,318,750
MAX GRANT SIZE: $500,000
DEADLINE: 7/7/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Gisela Harkin, 202-205-4238
DESCRIPTION: Grants to create or expand community technology centers that will provide disadvantaged residents of economically distressed urban and rural communities with access to information technology and related training.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/3/02

Help Underserved Farmers!
Community Outreach and Assistance Partnership Program
FUNDING SOURCE: Dept. of Agriculture
ELIGIBILITY: Educational Institutions, community organizations, farmer associations and others
$ AVAILABLE: $3,500,000
MAX GRANT SIZE: N.A.
DEADLINE: 8/1/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Marie Buchanan, 202-690-2686
DESCRIPTION: Grants for collaborative research and assistance for women, limited resource, socially disadvantaged and other traditionally under-served farmers and ranchers.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/17/03

One more. I get these every two weeks.

Who is interested?

I hate to let all I have been studying and preparing for the last three years. Go to waste. This is GOD's gift to me. To Us. To You.

I've been accused of having a giving heart. I'm guilty. Up to now.. I didn't see, or have the individual.. or anybody that would believe in a dream like Happy just put before us. It would be a sin to waste a gift from heaven. There are over 2500 members here.
Enough for the Board, and all positions available. I need a job, I need to make decent salry. i lose my Job on July 31, 2003. I can and will survive.

But working on anything and I feel this strongly. Other than this grant programs to lift up, Native Americans, and Black Americans.
Would what you can call FILL ME UP, or SATISFY ME.
=================

Refugee Services!
Refugee Microenterprise Development Program
POSTED: 6/29/03
$ AVAILABLE: $4,000,000
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 25
MAX GRANT SIZE: $300,000
DEADLINE: 7/27/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lisa Campbell, 202-260-5980
DESCRIPTION: Grants to help capital development and acquisition for refugees, as well as general economic and social assistance.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/27/03

Increase Technical Skills!
H-1B Technical Skills Training Grants
ELIGIBILITY: Workforce Investment Boards
$ AVAILABLE: $50,000,000
MAX GRANT SIZE: $3,000,000
DEADLINE: 9/22/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: Mamie Williams, 202-693-3301
DESCRIPTION: Grants for skill training programs that will resolve long-term shortages among selected high technology occupations for domestic workers.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/24/03

Improve Early Learning!
Early Learning Opportunities Act Discretionary Grants
ELIGIBILITY: LEAs and nonprofits
# OF GRANTS AVAILABLE: 50
MAX GRANT SIZE: $1,000,000
DEADLINE: 8/6/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: 800-351-2293
DESCRIPTION: Funds to increase, support, expand and better coordinate early learning opportunities for children and their families through local community organizations.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: 6/25/03

Help Children In Need!
Funds for Children In Need
FUNDING SOURCE: Toy Industry Foundation (TIF)
ELIGIBILITY: Nonprofits in the U.S. and Canada
MAX GRANT SIZE: $25,000
DEADLINE: 8/31/03
CONTACT INFORMATION: http://www.toy-tia.org/industry/ATI/index.html
DESCRIPTION: Grants to help serve children in need and thus improve the physical, social and mental well-being of young people.
FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLICATION: Not published in Fed. Reg.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back