Black People : Nation Building: The Making of African Americans

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    All other things aside, there is no denying our greatness. We are the living embodiment of cross-cultural unity. Our philosophical, theological, and cultural make up is legendary in itself.

The framework for which we are to establish who we are, is based on three categories of people - African Traditionalists, African Muslims, and Native Americans. These three categories, in themselves, represent hundreds, if not thousands, of groups of people, and therefore, provide a broad spectrum to draw from.

2. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Everything is this thread must be a cross-cultural solution to our problems, based on our aforementioned 3 categories of ancestry.

3. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Health and Wellness:
    Essentially, people are going to eat and drink what they want. But we can began to curve a large amount of health issues if we change what we eat and how we much eat.

I propose an Islamic diet. Obviously, that means no pork(as well as a few other things). I also propose a Ramadan, of sorts. Not necessarily that particular month, but we, as a people, should have a at least one month that we dedicate to minimal food and beverage intake.

In our present situation, what is now called medicine, does us no good. I suggest we return to the traditional healing methods of our African and Native American ancestors.

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Warfare and Combat:
    Our hand-to-hand fighting skills shall be drawn from our own indigenous tactics developed on the plantation. This system of fighting came to be known "52 Hand Blocks" or "Jail House Rock". It is practiced very strongly on the East Coast.

Our modern weaponry should come from Muslim ancestors, who were very astute in keeping up with such technology.

In our quest to develop coherent military tactics, I suggest we take a look at successful Native American strategies that constantly setback European invasion.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Aho, I see you, doc....

Of course, any intervention we implement must be grounded in our ancestral "roots". We must become interdisciplinary in our approach. As far as First Nations people are concerned. They wage guerilla warfare against the oyinbo. In order for guerilla warfare to be effective, it requires more than an intimate knowledge of the landscape, it involves knowing the earth systems like the back of your hand.

Blackbird

6. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Education:
    The present method of schooling is inappropriate for us and our children. Students should not be educated by grade level and ages, but by psychological development.

Many people know this, but do not have the resources or knowledge to of how to go about it (especially without using European sources. I.E. Sigmund Freud).
    A good start for us, is Amos Wilson's "Awakening the Natural Genius of Black Children" and most, if not all, of Naim Akbar's books on psychology.

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Economy:
    The basis for our economy should be a communal way of living, as upheld by both our African and Native American ancestors. The basic needs of everyone in society, will be met by the community.

In keeping with the modern age, businesses could be started to satisfy the trends and tastes of the people.

In an Islamic society, non-Muslims are required to pay a special tax to live their, while Muslims pay no taxes. This practice should be extended to us. But, instead of taxing based on religion, we should base it on ethnicity. This means, taxing people of non-African and/or non-Native American descent, for not only living in community, but doing business, as well.

I'd also like to suggest that we implement the banking practices of our Muslim ancestors.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    How about in addition to Health & Wellness, Environmental Safety and Sustainability initiatives? After all, we want to be able to pass something down from generation-to-generation, and that stretches across the globe, not to mention takes a cooperative effort.

KWABENA

9. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    More in depth on education:
    From birth, we should nurture the scholarly adeptness of our children. Our educational platform must be student-centered; Allowing them to constantly publish works (as was done at Sankore University). In the society I am speaking of, Anthropology won't be a college degree. It would be apart of the daily culture.

10. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Language:
    We already have languages unique to us and our experiences. Those languages are Gullah and Creole. Both languages consist of African words from across the entire ethnic spectrum. I think these languages are important for us to learn, if we are to establish our own unique culture, representative of all of our ancestors. In order to embrace our Muslim ancestors in this portion of the culture, I suggest we learn to write in the Arabic script.