Black People : Nasty Nappy Hair

I saw the very first show of The Talk. Saw ugmo sis, who is also the archetypal "fat, loud, black woman" and turned the channel.

Sometimes your first instincts are correct.
readpaper.gif

"Nasty" to describe African features is no good. But neither is "Ugmo."

But the topic is a so what. She isn't the first Sister to denounce African hair. Brothers cut their hair almost every week because it's not as aesthetic to them. Young Sisters sometimes don't go to school because "they are getting their hair done" aka improving their hair's aesthetics.

It's good to know who not to listen to. But if I were watching television, I should be prepared to see self-hatred broadcasted. I have more trouble with "Ugmo" to describe an African woman with a wig.

What makes her ugmo?

"Nasty" to describe African features is no good. But neither is "Ugmo."
I agree. Btw, who described African features as "Ugmo?"

But the topic is a so what.

Really? Is black men can't keep it in their pants a "so what" topic? What about bruthas who expect the government to give them handouts? That a "so what" topic undeserving of discussing? Or does that mean you AGREE with Ugmo that black hair is nasty, ergo, "so what?"

She isn't the first Sister to denounce African hair.
No, she isn't the first black PERSON to exhibit black self-hate..... nor the first to de facto agree by labeling the denigration of God's gift to black PEOPLE, i.e., their crowning glory, as a so what?

Brothers cut their hair almost every week because it's not as aesthetic to them. Young Sisters sometimes don't go to school because "they are getting their hair done" aka improving their hair's aesthetics.

:thinking: You obviously did not bother to click on the link and read the article.

It's good to know who not to listen to. But if I were watching television, I should be prepared to see self-hatred broadcasted. I have more trouble with "Ugmo" to describe an African woman with a wig.

Are you saying black women who wear wigs are "ugmos?" :11200:

I agree. Btw, who described African features as "Ugmo?"

You? Aren't you calling her "Ugmo" based on her appearance? But what about her appearance is non-African?

Really? Is black men can't keep it in their pants a "so what" topic? What about bruthas who expect the government to give them handouts? That a "so what" topic undeserving of discussing? Or does that mean you AGREE with Ugmo that black hair is nasty, ergo, "so what?"

I still don't understand why you are calling her "Ugmo" but it's a "so what" because people are entitled to their opinions. The other topics are a matter of thought and ideas. However, a person sharing their opinion is not discussion material in and of itself.

No, she isn't the first black PERSON to exhibit black self-hate..... nor the first to de facto agree by labeling the denigration of God's gift to black PEOPLE, i.e., their crowning glory, as a so what?

There is no 'agreeing' in a 'so what?' A 'so what' is what it is 'so what?' She finds something Beautiful nasty, so what? What about it? Can someone not find something Beautiful nasty?!? So what?

I don't see why you think "so what?" means a person agrees. It means someone doesn't get the point you are trying to make.

:thinking: You obviously did not bother to click on the link and read the article.

Was I supposed to?

Are you saying black women who wear wigs are "ugmos?" :11200:

No, it seems to be what you are saying. What's wrong with her besides that she's wearing a wig? Why are YOU calling her "Ugmo?"

Could the "Ugmo" name come from the fact that the female pictured bares a striking resemblence to Wesley Snipes in that "Woo Fong" movie???

This is the type of comment I'd expect to hear from her though, I don't know if you guys have listen to her but there appears to be self hate/image issues!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back