Black Short Stories : Naste: In The Mind Of A Woman (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by krazelyricks, Aug 16, 2006.

1. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    By the end of my senior year I had become the most popular girl in the school. Everyone knew about me. They all knew about the shack em' up arrangement I had going on at the hotel. After a while I was making enough at the hotel that I opened up another room at the hotel. Everyone kept complaining about not getting their groove on when they wanted to so they almost begged me to open another one, so I did.

Having the rooms set up the way I did gave me a big advantage. I knew who was fukking who, and who was giving who head. I held a lot of secrets within me and this gave me the opportunity to hand out with a lot popluar people which I had never done before. I was a known face now but this also was my down fall. By the end of my senior year my teachers had noticed a big change in my behavior and I also noticed the change in my grades. But I didn't care, this was the price you had to pay when you were popular. Everyone knew popular kids didn't make good grades. So, it was the last week of school and I was sitting in front of my counselor like all the jocks, cheerleaders, and huslters who had let their school year slip by too. I wasn't about to be like that though. I was getting up out of there on time.

"Please Ms. Mitchell. I know there is something that you can do. My GPA is well above average even with the recent C's I've made. Even with the F in Language Arts too." I pouted.

"Yes I know Keisha but Language Arts is a requirement and you know that. Maybe you can go talk to Ms. Williams and she will give you some extra credit or something. Other than that, I can't help you. As of now, you won't be able to graduate." Ms. Mitchell said not budging at all in her stand point.

I got up from the chair and I walked out of the office with my face a burning red. It was half out of anger because no one was trying to work with me and half out of feeling stupid for getting myself in this position anyway. I wanted to blame it on my mama because if she hadn't put me out the house I wouldn't have been in this situation but deep in my heart I knew that this was all on me as I walked up to Ms. Williams classroom.

When I made it up to the classroom no one was in there but Ms. Williams. Ms. Williams was a strict lady with strict rules. If you didn't have the work in on time she didn't care because there was no late work and definitely no make up work. She didn't care if you were in a comma for a week. You better had told your mama to do your homework before you went under because if not you would be in the same situation I was. This lady was no joke. I knew what her answer was going to be. I just knew that this lady didn't have a husband or children. Looking at her, I couldn't believe a man would ever want to get up in that. She had no feelings and definitely no remorse for her actions.

"Hey Ms. Williams." I said shyly as I approached her.

"Yes, Ms. Brown. What can I do to help you?" She said without even turning around to look at me as she cleaned the chalk board.

"Well, I was wondering if there was something I could do to get my grade changed so I can graduate? I'm willing to do anything ma'am. I just want to graduate." I said.

"Anything?" She turned towards me with a suspicious look.

"Now, uh-uh, Ms. Williams. I ain't like that." I said with a straight face.

Ms. Williams laughed. I nervously laughed too. "Girl no, not that. I'm not like that either child. I'm just in need of some money right now. So if I was to give you a B in my class, what would you give me?" She asked.

I thought about it. 'Um, I can spot you about two. Is that cool?" I asked her.

"Yea, that's fine. Now, if I do that you're not going to tell anyone are you because I'm not willing to give anyone else that opportunity because that's just enough to do what I need done. And plus, although we bumped heads a couple of times, I know you are most deserving to graduate than any other student in your situation." She said with the first smile she had ever given me.

"Thank you Ms. Mitchell."

Needless to say, to make a long story short, I ended up graduating and with honors too. That was much more than I could say for my NEW friends. I walked down with the top ten percent with no one to share my joy. I had no family there. My mother and stepfather didn't come although I had left a invitation on their front porch. I know they got it because it wasn't there when I walked by the next day. So I didn't have a single picture like other students whose parents were there snapping pictures proudly whether they were in the top ten or not. It was the saddest day of my life. I thought for sure my mama would have mended all strings broken and came to see her only daughter graduated by that dream was just that, a dream.

It was the summer of 2000, and I was stepping foot in my very own apartment. The hotel scandal had done me good. I had saved five thousand dollars off of that. It was enough to buy a few pieces of furniture and pay for the first three months of rent. It was the summer now so that business was going good. All the high school students from tenth on up to twelth all got their groove ons. I didn't serve to the ninth graders because that was just wrong.

"Hey Keisha, what you think about Money?" My homegirl Reesie, who was a cheerleader in high school, asked me as we set up my one bedroom apartment together.

"He aiight but he ain't all that. Why?" I asked.

"Because I heard he was liking you. He not with his baby mama anymore and he's been asking about you." She said.

Money was just that, a money hungry ***** with only money on his mind. He didn't care about family or anything or that nature because he sure didn't give it to his baby mama. He was 22 but his baby mama was 18 like I was. I guess he just liked them young but I wasn't the one. His baby mama and baby were both wearing knock offs while he was sporting only the best. He had three cars but his baby mama was still hopping the bus. It just didn't make any sense to me. And plus, I was still a virgin. Sure, I had gotten ate out a couple of times but the prize was still there and untouched. I wasn't trying to get with him like that. I knew men like him, drug dealers, were only after one thing and I just wasn't with it.

"So? He ain't my type. You know I don't get down like that Reesie. I don't even know why you brought it up." I said picking up a framed picture of me at the senior prom.

"Yea, okay. But I gave him your number anyway." She said.

"What? Please tell me you playing, right?" I said in shock.

"Naw, he gon' call you tomorrow."

"What? Why the hell you do that? I don't need nobody like him." I said in anger.

"You need somebody. I'm tired of you just sitting at home chilling.If you not here then you at the hotel handling business. Oh yea, and Rico at the front desk said that he wants more because you're getting more business." She said

"What? I told him that wasn't a option from the getgo. I'll talk to him. But anyway, don't try to change subjects. You had no right giving my number out like that. And especially to a drug dealer. You know how I feel about that." I told her off.

"Yea, yea, yea. Whateva mamacita. I'mma see you later. I see fine @ss Marcus across the street. I'm about to holla at him." She said as she walked towards the door.

"Alright now, you gon' have another baby. I'm not about to be no more god mamas either. I already got three hardknocks around here." I joked.

"Whatever. See you later." She said as she waved me off.

To be continued.................

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    now u got this going on waiting on pt.3 to this one

3. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    alright i bite and now i want part 3 please!!!!!!!!

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Lyricks sis give me more i want mo !
    don't leave me hanging now ............

5. tashatoya

tashatoya Well-Known Member MEMBER

I go to school
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmmm...

This is sooooo good!!!! I can't wait to read Pt. 3 and see what happens next!

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    mmmmm! sista Lyrickz what's up u left me hanging here !!!