PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Science,

NASA: Strange and sudden massive melt in Greenland

AP110719035021-jpg_155036.jpg

this July 19, 2011 file photo, a large melt pool forms in the Ilulissat ice fjord below the Jakobshavn Glacier, at the fringe of the vast Greenland ice sheet. (AP Photo/Brennan Linsley, File)

faf4d9dfbc554a14160f6a7067006336.jpg
These undated handout images provided by NASA shows the extent of surface melt over Greenland’s ice sheet on July 8, left, and July 12, right. Measurements from three satellites showed that on July 8, about 40 percent of the ice sheet had undergone thawing at or near the surface. In just a few days, the melting had dramatically accelerated and an estimated 97 percent of the ice sheet surface had thawed by July 12. In the image, the areas ...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly all of Greenland's massive ice sheet suddenly started melting a bit this month, a freak event that surprised scientists.
Even Greenland's coldest and highest place, Summit station, showed melting. Ice core records show that last happened in 1889 and occurs about once every 150 years.
Three satellites show what NASA calls unprecedented melting of the ice sheet that blankets the island, starting on July 8 and lasting four days. Most of the thick ice remains. While some ice usually melts during the summer, what was unusual was that the melting happened in a flash and over a widespread area.
http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-strange-sudden-massive-melt-greenland-193426302.html

Peace In,

Keita Kenyatta

Feb 7, 2004
Don't you just hate when they lie to people like that as if we're supposed to forget that they've been using HAARP, which by the way was sold to Britain I believe....so don't quote me on the country. But then again, who does Nasa belong to? Who does the IRS belong to? Who does the CIA belong to? Who controls every insurance group in the world? Britain, Britain, Britain, Britain. We're just sleeping for a while because you and i both know that the masses of us....

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Don't you just hate when they lie to people like that as if we're supposed to forget that they've been using HAARP, which by the way was sold to Britain I believe....so don't quote me on the country. But then again, who does Nasa belong to? Who does the IRS belong to? Who does the CIA belong to? Who controls every insurance group in the world? Britain, Britain, Britain, Britain. We're just sleeping for a while because you and i both know that the masses of us....

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Do you really think this trend of global warming is attributed to HAARP alone? That the ozone layer isn't cracked, or that the sun's temperature isn't getting warmer?

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its hot Family, take cover:

fva-630-melting-street-lamp-oklahoma-credit-patrick-hunter-630w.jpeg

Highs of 115 degrees are taking its toll on the nation's heartland

Oklahoma is so hot that street lamps are melting

It's hard to not be concerned with global warming when its effects are right in front of your eyes. Sure, it's one thing when the ocean begins to reclaim islands, but when you can see the effects in your home town, well, that's another story altogether. Case in point: KFOR TV in Stillwater, Oklahoma is reporting that temperatures are so high that the street lamps have begun melting.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/oklahoma-hot-street-lamps-melting-203656312.html

Peace In,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Science and Technology : 25 INVENTIONS FROM NASA Science and Technology 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : NASA blasts off space laser satellite to track ice loss Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : NASA Dedicates Building to Hidden Figures Heroine Katherine Johnson Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : 22 YEAR OLD NASA ENGINEER Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : NASA MATHEMATICIAN CELEBRATED Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : California needs 11 trillion gallons of water: NASA Science and Technology 37
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : NASA detects odd X-ray signal 240 million light years away Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : NASA : global industrial civilisation could collpse Black People Open Forum 40
Gorilla Science and Technology : New Bacterial Life-Form Discovered in NASA and ESA Spacecraft Clean Rooms Science and Technology 2
skuderjaymes Science and Technology : NASA Administrator Charles Bolden Speaks at National Press Club Science and Technology 0
emanuel goodman Black People : Nasa "Un convers planet that can sustain Life.. Black People Open Forum 30
Gorilla Science and Technology : NASA Researchers: DNA Building Blocks Can Be Made in Space Science and Technology 1
Chevron Dove Science and Technology : NASA: Huge Telescope detects five Planets circling their Sun [host star]! Science and Technology 3
naija-man Black People : NASA RELEASE PICS:Life on mars Black People Open Forum 30
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : ATR appropiated by NASA Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
R Black Poetry : Make a note in his diary that his quotes are fiery like that poison ivy time to arrange his game some words bring strange flames and empty mind i Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Athletic cute engage in energetic pursuits some wanna charge their lifestyle so its strange but nice and wild and become more active and soar attracti Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ndugu Black People : Global Warming , Strange Natural Disasters and the need for a National Black Cross EMS service Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID : my plan great like a landscape strange and unchanged for years I've had it on the carpet o Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Taste strange place and arrange spoons on the tables soon able to eat some cornflakes and their grea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Prevail with true chemistry but in the retail shoe industry there's talk of a strange change like a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Wear great bling clever just to make things better around his neck strange and wild how he changed m Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Flow well but like a hotel change hands after strange plans were received make a hot choice and at t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Flow well but like a hotel change hands after strange plans were received make a hot choice and at t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : had strange messes lets exchange addresses keep in touch after a deep search I was afraid of coming Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
nilevalley Black People Politics : Don't you find this presidential election year very strange? Black People Politics 38
R Black Poetry : arrange my raps to set strange traps for a scene of production // Its extreme corruption, see an a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Arrange my raps to set strange traps for a scene of production Its extreme corruption, see an affair Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black Poetry : I know the reason it feels so strange Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Out of strange rage had to arrange a stage for the first act after Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Arrange my raps to set strange traps for a scene of production Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Feather Audio Video Web Conferencing : Sun Ra - Sleeping Beauty / Strange Celestial Road - 1979/1980 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
blazejay Black People Politics : Why voting is strange Black People Politics 4
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : Strange Sounds around the World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Strange Fruit From The Family Tree Omowale Jabali 41
Keita Kenyatta Science and Technology : Today In Tech Silence Gun: Strange Weapon Of The Future Immediately Quiets You, Whether You Like It Science and Technology 1
Writeous1 Black People : This Can Explain the Weird Weather and Strange Earthquakes. Black People Open Forum 76
H Black Poetry : Strange Fruit Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
A Black Muslims : Do all Muslims Represent Islam? (part 3 of 3): Strange superstitions are not part of Islam Study Group 5
S Black People : New Strange Cloud over Eastern Europe Black People Open Forum 2
K Black People : These strange speaking one's call it Maat... Black People Open Forum 5
I Black People : Some people find this STRANGE. I don't but... Black People Open Forum 8
G Black People : The Strange Death of the Woman Who Filed a Rape Lawsuit Against Bush Black People Open Forum 3
D Pan Africanism : FILM: Somali Bantu Find Strange New Life in Urban U.S. African American History Culture 4
river Black People : Does this Seem Strange to You? Black People Open Forum 6
anAfrican Black People : strange and sad Black People Open Forum 0
E Black Short Stories : Strange Love Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
P Black Spirituality Religion : Self Projection to the inner world. Strange Occurance to me Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
P Black People : Strange Question Black People Open Forum 52