Black People : NANOTECHNOLOGY: IS IT REAL?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Da Street So'ja, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
  2. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    and

how long before Nano-Terrorism?

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Its already a hot topic.

Due to the possibility that many of us don't even understand the technology and effect behind the nano, response is scarce.

Someone posted and article awhile back of a Black artist who could designed miniture sculptures made from sugar cubes. I bet they stole the concepts of designs for nanos from him.

Where will they get their supplies of nanos from? How is this going to effect the environment in the future? And what plans are they making to secure it doesn't land in the wrong hands?

These people are always screaming how this and that will improve they economy, but we all know it isn't about improvement. It's all about profit. These greedy, supremist, power strickened people will do anything for a dollar.

We really need to do away with this thing called money.

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace Destee Fam!

Nano Technology should be a hot topic, at least by now. When I used to read allot of Science journals it was hot then, and that was 4-5 years ago. I guess it melts outside the public awareness once a breakthru is made. So now the question is, are they using this technology? I remember reading about them making a guitar smaller than a human cell that can actually be played with another microscopic instrument. As well as the spy helicopters smaller than most flies, that can be tracked and controlled via computer. There are even rumors that all American bills, the new ones have nanos in them. Not only to track the money, but to destroy it if needed.

Of course- all this could be hearsay. The first I heard about Nano technology was from a SpiderMan comic book. His new suit was made out of tiny robots that crawled around him and fit together to make his costume. Nano can be used to change the color of your walls anytime you want. It sounds far fetched- but isn't the body composed of living microorganisms anyway? And if Nano can be used to inject microscopic robot doctors into your body, to find the problem, fit it and then dissolve themselves into your blood stream....couldn't this same process be used for bio- weapons? We can't put anything past the Government.

Nano Terrorism will create fear of the unseen.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Truly!

Who was paid for putting the stuff in the ground that allows for the development of anything?

Who was paid for creating the ability to figure out how to get stuff out of the ground (brain) and onto the table?

Who was paid for creating the tools (hands) to implement that figuring?

Without money, that switch will still flip; those rivers will still run through those turbines; those trucks will still roll across those highways; RESOURCES WILL STILL RENEW EACH AND EVERY SEASON! There is NO "shortage of resources" (except intentionally created shortages).

ThisEarth is a symbiotic "cooperative"; it is all one "machine" working together. Everybody needs all the same stuff that everybody else needs. The resources for those needful things are right there in the ground. Neighbors working together share the work so that they can share the products created. This new fangled global telecommunications ability (were it not locked up by this "need" for advertising and such) allows for global sharing. The only drawback to this is that this poor planet is suffering under the [mis]"management" of folks that still can't see, feel or understand any of this and continue to poison the entire biosphere.

The solution is for YOU, who understand, see, feel and actualize the rythms of the planet to step totally away from the mess that has come to be called "civilisation" and do the Natural.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    The "public" does not become aware of any "new" technologies until long after it has been developed and implemented by government/military researchers: of course it's out there! ... Well, and quite probably "in there" (humans, food chain).

I've always been a sci-fi reader; nanotech has been a staple for much longer than 4-5 years! Of course, it wasn't "real" at the time, but the concept was there - just takes time to turn "what if" into product. How old is the movie "Fantastic Voyage"?

7. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    A nano-war would definitely not need to be televised. Things .....would just...."Happen" for well defined purposes (may leave a little cookie like "911" or an NBC chime). Ray Kursweil has a book called "The Singularity is Near" which discusses the exponential growth trend of technology. It also considers some of the implications of wedding neurobiology with Nano-tech. It seems that humans technological innovations are motivated towards understanding and doing what we already seem to be doing in a metaphysical sense. http://www.singularity.com/

I had a period in time when I kept seeing NBC on licence plates at strange times. One day I was driving to work along the North Shore and a peacock ran across the street in front of me and I had to hit the brakes ...I had a schizophrenic moment for awhile after that. (Hawaii has peacocks ..its just the circumstances oddly matched at a peculiar time and peacocks are not commonly just seen runnin around in the open)

A Nano world (personalities to boot) would be like living in a Holodeck ( Manufactured dream).

8. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    this is a real sneaky

you are talking about controlling things from/on a molecular level
    including us
    that control doesn't have to been mental is could be physical, dictating the way your body performs

thank you all for your comments
    there are still important life issues out there
    i know day to day overrides the future and things that seem out of reach
    but one day day to day become the future

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Ghosts, witchcraft,and religion beat Nano to the punch on fear of the unseen.
    You are on point (as usual) with the comparison of our cells as nano robots (I think you were alluding to this) and the to take it further sub atomic matter also can be compared to nano robots being that it is running off a program as well.
    Peace

:em4000: I thought the wall crawlers suit was an alien symbiote.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,739
    nano tech has been real for a minute. just look in your digital camera or your CPU.
    or your medicine cabinet.....