Pan Africanism : Nana Akwasi Amoako Agyeman - Development Chief or King

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Becoming an African chief

Darren Bernhardt, Saskatchewan News Network
Published: Friday, January 05, 2007

SASKATOON -- Rod McLaren's journey has taken him from hardware storeowner in small town Saskatchewan to African chief in Ghana.

Bespectacled and bearded, the 58-year-old looks the part of a sophisticated professor -- that is, until you see him wearing a Kente wrap and gold regalia. And it's not Rod McLaren anymore -- he now goes by Nana Akwasi Amoako Agyeman.

"Those are names given to me (by higher-ranking chiefs in the region). They are associated with great power and not given out lightly," McLaren said in a telephone interview from Busua, on the Gulf of Guinea.

His official title is development chief or king, an appointed position overseeing economic and social growth of 38 villages. It's a long -- and much warmer -- way from his boyhood home on a farm 22 kilometres north of Maidstone.

DEVELOPMENT KING means you have the POWER to MAKE or BREAK a SOCIETY with your IDEAS.

No BROTHERS or SISTERS from America or any where of AFRICAN descent MADE the CUT.

There should be at least ONE GREAT out of US in GHANA to take on this ROLE.

I guess NOT.

BTW this DEVELOPMENT KING is a COLLEGE PROFESSOR WHITE MAN married to a GHANIAN WOMAN from CANADA.

You got to be IN IT to WIN IT.

I dont know how he can DEVELOP to the HIGHEST DEGREE with his MIND shifting back to the GOOD DAYS of O' CANADA.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back