Black People : Name Black People That Don't Serve White People ?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Wetac0s made the following statement in another thread.

Obama may have good intentions, but in the end he serves the White people in power.

I asked her, did she know any Black Person, that in the end, does not serve the White people in power.

While she did answer my question, it wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I'm asking everyone to share with me, if you don't mind.

We, as a people, tend to diminish each other, when we think one is acting inappropriately (serving), as it relates to White folk.

Even Obama has been included in this number, being diminished. Yet, I'm of the opinion that not one of us is free from serving them. We are all bound to them.

Why is it so easy for us to attempt to diminish the character and integrity of another Black Person, when each of us are subject to their rule?

How are we ... those that do this ... differentiating themselves, from the rest of us?

What makes you so much better than the next Black Person, when you too must abide by all of their rules and laws (and do for the most part), written and unwritten?

Maybe you know some Black People that don't, in the end, serve White People in power. Maybe you are one of them.

If so, please share how you or they (please name them too) achieved this end.

It's almost like ... cook'n for massah 'nem is the worst thing one can do ... you despise the cooks ... but you planted the corn (or shucked it) that was cooked!

I don't get it. We all play a part in our own demise, yet there are some that have reduced their own culpability, while simultaneously increasing another's.

Anyway, I think yall get my point and question ... right? ... :)

Can you name some Black People that don't, in the end, serve White people in power?

Folk walk'n 'roun ack'n like they all this and all that, talk'n 'bout other Black People, and they serve too! I don't get it.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Wetac0s made the following statement in another thread.

I asked her, did she know any Black Person, that in the end, does not serve the White people in power.

While she did answer my question, it wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I'm asking everyone to share with me, if you don't mind.

We, as a people, tend to diminish each other, when we think one is acting inappropriately (serving), as it relates to White folk.

Even Obama has been included in this number, being diminished. Yet, I'm of the opinion that not one of us is free from serving them. We are all bound to them.

Why is it so easy for us to attempt to diminish the character and integrity of another Black Person, when each of us are subject to their rule?

How are we ... those that do this ... differentiating themselves, from the rest of us?

What makes you so much better than the next Black Person, when you too must abide by all of their rules and laws (and do for the most part), written and unwritten?

Maybe you know some Black People that don't, in the end, serve White People in power. Maybe you are one of them.

It's almost like ... cook'n for massah 'nem is the worst thing one can do ... you despise the cooks ... but you planted the corn (or shucked it) that was cooked!

I don't get it. We all play a part in our own demise, yet there are some that have reduced their own culpability, while simultaneously increasing another's.

Can you name some Black People that don't, in the end, serve White people in power?

Folk walk'n 'roun ack'n like they all this and all that, talk'n 'bout other Black People, and they serve too! I don't get it.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Not sure if I can give you an answer that will satisfy but I will try before going to bed. Again, Barack Obama is a political leader, who is entrused by the people who voted for him to provide leadership. Therefore, he can not be equated the same as most Black folks who are marginalized and excluded from the very same political system in which Obama is the HNIC.

As POTUS the fact is Barack Obama serves mostly white folks but he also serves minority communities but lets be real. In these forums alone there are an abundance of threads which have engaged in viral Obama-bashing with attacks on his character even to the point of referring to him as a "mulatto" ad nauseum.

Quite frankly, I believe that we need to cease from this view of "white people" in power and recognize, on a global context, what it really is. A decaying system in the process of rapid disintegration and if it was not for the participation and complicity of Black folks in this same system it would collapse at a rated quicker than it is presently melting down.

So to suggest that we all serve the system does not recognize that evything contains within its opposite which means some of us are doing the system a "disservice" which is to say resistance to those who serve. We won't see this if our thinking remains within this black/white binary mode of thinking which limits our ability to see outside the box (matrix).

I'm kinda confused by what is said in the above, Destee.

When folks "attempt to diminish the character and integrity of" said racism
white supremacy, for example, the backlash is "don't worry about yt; we
need to look at ourselves". If we look out ourselves, our community.... and
if obama is a part of our community, then this means that the "brotha" is not
beyond reproach. Yet to wage criticisms at obama, or any other brotha/sista,
for that matter is often misconstrued as tearing another brotha/sista down.

Where is the middle ground? It is as if minds are being pigeon holed in this
regard.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Destee.

Why do the preacher/priest continue to preach? What makes the preacher so
much better that she/he can sit up there and tell folks they need to get
right with the most high? To get their act together? After all, their house
isn't in immaculate order either.....right?

Not sure if I can give you an answer that will satisfy but I will try before going to bed. Again, Barack Obama is a political leader, who is entrused by the people who voted for him to provide leadership. Therefore, he can not be equated the same as most Black folks who are marginalized and excluded from the very same political system in which Obama is the HNIC.

As POTUS the fact is Barack Obama serves mostly white folks but he also serves minority communities but lets be real. In these forums alone there are an abundance of threads which have engaged in viral Obama-bashing with attacks on his character even to the point of referring to him as a "mulatto" ad nauseum.

Quite frankly, I believe that we need to cease from this view of "white people" in power and recognize, on a global context, what it really is. A decaying system in the process of rapid disintegration and if it was not for the participation and complicity of Black folks in this same system it would collapse at a rated quicker than it is presently melting down.

So to suggest that we all serve the system does not recognize that evything contains within its opposite which means some of us are doing the system a "disservice" which is to say resistance to those who serve. We won't see this if our thinking remains within this black/white binary mode of thinking which limits our ability to see outside the box (matrix).

Barack Obama is a Man, like any other Man. He was not born with 2 heads, 4 legs, or any innate ability that you, i, or anyone reading this thread, was not born with. Yes, he's the President of the United States of America, but just like he could be, so too could you or I, if we had groomed ourselves accordingly. His winning that office, is evidence of that, that a Black Person can win ... so to put him on some pedestal ... as if he is more man than you or other men ... well ... I just don't see any evidence of that.

What makes him more able to be a leader, entrusted with the hope of the people, than you?

I agree that most Blacks are marginalized, excluded, etc., but at birth, none of us know which Black Person will break through, and which one won't. If we did not do the things necessary to break through, impact change, lead, etc., how fair is it to look upon those that did, and say they are somehow better than the rest ... putting inordinate amounts of responsibility on them, while taking none for ourselves. If that is true, then there is no hope for the majority of us to effect change, unless ... unless what ?? ... we die and be born again, making better choices the second time around? I don't think that's the case. I think we all have great leadership potential within us, and should learn to lean more towards it, and not toward what someone else (who we've surmised is greater than self) can do. While we may not reach the level of President (of the USA), we can certainly do great things for our people, if we had a mind to.

I am so ready to leave this thinking of white people in power, just as soon as they aren't! The evidence suggests they are in power. They make the rules. They make the money. They provide the infrastructure, the lights, gas, water, employment, education, etc. They hold most all of the cards. We do what they say, they don't do what we say. If I'm wrong, show me, for I am oh so ready to leave this train of thought ... but I don't want to just leave it by burying my head in the sand. Show me the substantive day to day things that they don't control (as it relates to Black People), and I'll stop.

Yes, there are some of us that are rebellious to their rules and regulations and such, but most all those are conveniently locked away in their prisons ... or dead. There are not too many Black People running around talking about I'm not going to do anything white folk say, I'm not going to abide by their rules, actually living up to those words, and remaining free from a prison cell ... and if they are doing it, and have somehow miraculously remained free ... they are probably cointelpro ... allowed to carry on that way, just to get a few more Brothers and Sisters locked up.

These White folk aint play'n ... show me the Black People that are doing whatever they want ... making their own rules.

Show them to me! Or, if you can, show me the Black People that are making rules for bunches of white people (as they do for us).

I understand your dislike for the whole white supremacy lingo ... but we can't even begin to solve the problem, until we understand it.

The truth is just the truth, and we must face it (to overcome it), as difficult as it is to hear / read.

Love You!

Destee

I'm kinda confused by what is said in the above, Destee.

When folks "attempt to diminish the character and integrity of" said racism
white supremacy, for example, the backlash is "don't worry about yt; we
need to look at ourselves". If we look out ourselves, our community.... and
if obama is a part of our community, then this means that the "brotha" is not
beyond reproach. Yet to wage criticisms at obama, or any other brotha/sista,
for that matter is often misconstrued as tearing another brotha/sista down.

Where is the middle ground? It is as if minds are being pigeon holed in this
regard.

I'm of the opinion, that we are in such bad shape, we can't afford to diminish and disparage each other.

We all come to the front-line wounded. How can the person with a broken leg want to tell the person with a broken arm, they are not fit to fight.

Every one of us brings the manifestation of the conditioning put upon our people, to the table.

You, nor I, am an exception to that. So what does it look like, me talking about how conditioned you are, when I carry my own?!

The middle ground you ask, is to talk about yourself, and your manifestation of the conditioning, not another Sister or Brother's ... for you surely have some.

Free yourself from it all, then come to us and teach us how you did it.

Destee.

Why do the preacher/priest continue to preach? What makes the preacher so
much better that she/he can sit up there and tell folks they need to get
right with the most high? To get their act together? After all, their house
isn't in immaculate order either.....right?

Probably the same reason you get on your high horse, talking down to people, as if you have your act in immaculate order.

We do that to each other ... why ... it's how they've taught us to treat each other ... that one is better than another, yet we all serve them.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back