Food Discussion : Naked Juice Sued Over Kale Controversy

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Liberty, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    [​IMG]

If you are like most people, you don't appreciate being lied to. However, that's exactly what Naked Juice is doing to its customers, according to a recently filed
    lawsuit by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI). According to the plaintiff, Pepsico, the parent company of the Naked brand, is misleading health-conscious individuals about its juices.

Read more

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=post&id=57F5E63C-599C-AD9B-4284-B909B0089004

2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks for the info. I have a juicer, but will buy ready made juice sometimes. I usually get Green Goodness. As I'm typing this I'm reading the label.
    Need a new juicer for Christmas.

3. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    You are welcome.

You should check fooducate.com every now and then. They have a search function that you can put almost any food or drink in and they will rate them on a A - F scale, and explain the rating. I check it out daily for the daily tips. So many foods that are advertised as healthful are actually packed with sugar and sodium, etc.

They also have an app that you can download to your Android phone so you can scan foods and beverages at the grocery store before you buy them.
    I have bought Naked brand, but I used to prefer Odwalla.... Now I prefer my own homemade smoothies. Odwalla is probably worse that Naked.

http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2010/07/odwalla-strawberry-protein-monster-healthy-or-not/

After going through a few juicers, I found out that the best way to choose one is not the price, etc., but according to the horsepower. Never get one that is less that about 900-1000 or more watts. The lower wattage juicers might work fine on fruits, but can't tolerate veggies. I have a Ninja Professional. Not only does it rip through celery, ice and other tough veggies, it is real simple to clean, and not very expensive.

4. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I have a BELLA High Powered Juicer. When I was considering buying a juicer, this is one of the juicers recommended for beginners to judge if they like juicing before buying an expensive juicer. This BELLA cost a about $50.
    It's big and bulky with large feeding tube, which is the best part of this juicer. The downside is the cleaning.
    I like juicing and will eventually get a more compact juicer, preferably with a large feeding tube. I still use BELLA. But because the cleaning is so timely, I keep bottled juice in the fridge.

5. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    [​IMG]

This is mine. It has two cups, one is big, the other is bigger. They have caps, in case you want to take them on the go. There is no clean up, besides the cup you drink from.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninja-n...8e&ksprof_id=13&ksaffcode=pg199344&ksdevice=c

6. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I'm looking at the Ninja, but the reviews are positive and negative.
    I can make smoothies in my small food processor.
    I like juicing kale, celery, apples, etc. the feeding tube on my BELLE will take a whole apple, I still cut them in half.
    I'll consider your review. I like the look of the Ninja.

7. Liberty

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    I love it. The one I had prior consumed itself....LOL I put some fruits and veggies in it. But, I think it was the celery that did it in. I smelled burnt rubber. Then I found that instead of blending the fruits and veggies, the reverse happened. The veggies consumed the juicer! The blades and the rubber around them completely ground up.....CTFU

There are other juicer brands that are probably as good. But, for the price, Ninja is a good buy. And, easy cleanup is a major plus.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List