destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Nairobi - capital and largest city of Kenya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nairobi

Nairobi (/naɪˈroʊbi/; locally [naɪˈroːbi]) is the capital and largest city of Kenya. It is famous for having the Nairobi National Park, the world's only game reserve found within a major city. The city and its surrounding area also form Nairobi County, whose current governor is Evans Kidero and Deputy Governor is Jonathan Mueke.

The name "Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nairobi, which translates to "cool water". The phrase is also the Maasai name of the Nairobi river, which in turn lent its name to the city. However, it is popularly known as the Green City in the Sun, and is surrounded by several expanding villa suburbs.[2]

#nairobi - #kenya - #africa - OldSoul

I had a chance to visit Nairobi and other areas while in Kenya on our study/tour. I found downtown Nairobi to be so America-like, mainly because of the large number of top name businesses. In the rural areas in the Maasi and Kikuyu communities reminds one of areas in the US southern states. The Kikuyu Chief even gave me the African name Njoki. It means "the one who has returned home". We were also afforded the opportunity to go to several university lectures among other educational and cultural venues.

I had a chance to visit Nairobi and other areas while in Kenya on our study/tour. I found downtown Nairobi to be so America-like, mainly because of the large number of top name businesses. In the rural areas in the Maasi and Kikuyu communities reminds one of areas in the US southern states. The Kikuyu Chief even gave me the African name Njoki. It means "the one who has returned home". We were also afforded the opportunity to go to several university lectures among other educational and cultural venues.

Big props for sharing your insights with all of us here as well...

Thank You Sister for sharing your own personal Nairobi experience with us!

YAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:

Thank you Beloved! ... :love:

Beautiful!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back