Black People : NAACP, WHY?

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
AFTER BUSH'S RISE TO POPULARITY AFTER BEING ON THE OPRAH SHOW. AFTER THE NAACP GIVING CONNED-DUM-LEEZA RICE AN AWARD. AND NOW THE WHINING OF TE NAACP CUZ DEAMON, I MEAN GEORGE BUSH WON'T COME PLAY WITH THEM.SO I ASK; WHY WOULD THE NAACP WANT BUSH AT THEIR FUNCTIONS? WHAT GOOD WILL THAT PRODUCE? U KNOW ALL HES GONNA DO IS LIE THROUGH HIS LITTLE RED FACE.

I CONSIDER IT DISRESPECT FOR THIS MAN TO EVEN BE SITTING AT THE SAME TABLE W/ A PERSON OF COLOR. SHOULD A BLK PERSON LIKE OPRAH REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO BE "FAIR" WHEN DEALING AN ENEMEY OF THE BLK WORLD LIKE BUSH? HE DOESN'T DESERVE A FORUM IF U ASK ME....

Hmmmm...Brother Therious, could it possibly have anything to do with money, power and fame? We could be here for several days creating a list of questions about the NAACP in terms of what they are doing or aren't doing and scratch our collective heads wondering why. Ask yourself who does the NAACP really work for and who do they listen to?

I could see why Bush would accept an invite to appear on the Oprah Show...there's no threat to him by being on her show because Oprah's not going to engage him in a conversation that's of any substance. He'll be able to sit there comfortably with that silly smirk on his face and deliver his usual spin on rhetoric...not reality...and unchallenged.

Why would Oprah want Bush on her show? Ratings of course--which translates into more $$$ in her pocket. Rubbing elbows with Bush will help her make more money and his form of politics will help her to keep more of it. Some of us love to be in the presence of the muckety-mucks!

That's my uneducated guess anyway...

Queenie :spinstar:

If We get creative, We could make the NAACP the kind of org. We need.

I think that instead of disbanding it; We should make it stronger. Over the last few years it has done some dumb things; but I think that it can be changed; if not for anything more than to keep a light on Black Racist Republicans-- who have never and will never do anything for African-Americans.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back