Black People : NAACP leader switches to republican

indya

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 4, 2004
I know some here arn't going to be interrested in this thread, but I wanted to bring it up. I think a person can care about black issues AND be a republican, I don't believe it has to be one or the other.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l1705nov17,0,2971218.column?coll=orl-news-col

For decades, Republicans have struggled to reach out to black Americans. But now in Orange County, the GOP has to reach no further than the NAACP.

As of this week, Derrick Wallace, head of Orange County's NAACP, has switched parties -- to become a Republican.

"I've thought about this for two years," Wallace said Tuesday afternoon, just a few hours after returning from the elections office. "This is not a decision I made yesterday."

It is, however, a decision that rang out like a shot among political circles.

indya said:
I know some here arn't going to be interrested in this thread, but I wanted to bring it up. I think a person can care about black issues AND be a republican, I don't believe it has to be one or the other.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l1705nov17,0,2971218.column?coll=orl-news-col

For decades, Republicans have struggled to reach out to black Americans. But now in Orange County, the GOP has to reach no further than the NAACP.

As of this week, Derrick Wallace, head of Orange County's NAACP, has switched parties -- to become a Republican.

"I've thought about this for two years," Wallace said Tuesday afternoon, just a few hours after returning from the elections office. "This is not a decision I made yesterday."

It is, however, a decision that rang out like a shot among political circles.

Who cares? The NAACP has been a shell of its self for decades!

indya said:
So many think that black republicans are sellouts or don't care about black issues and since I don't believe this is true I brought up this article.

It will take more than the head of one NAACP branch to change this image. Black Republicans are going to have to stop paying lip service, and promote programs beneficial to the African Amercan community to change their deserved image as sellouts.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back